Official Windows Phone Central app v3.0 is now available!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jay I don't know if you are aware but sometimes when I'm in the forums on the app and try to thank someone's post pressing the "thank" button will crash the app and take me back to the start screen. From there I have to relaunch etc but when I check, the post is marked like I have thanked the person. Bit weird.

I just paid for the full app as its literally the best app I've seen on WP8 so far (fairly new to this) and definitely my most used. I'm really impressed with the live tile and how quick the app is. The idea of customising the live tiles is awesome and while they might be giving you some trouble in the short term, they're worth the hassle. I was wondering is it possible for the live tiles to show more than one news story - like the BBC News live tile cycles through the last 2/3 stories is it possible to do this with WPCentral?

Thanks for all your hard work you put into it, the app has meant I could read up on my fav. platform no matter where I was over the last few months so thanks again!

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
If you logged in using a social network you just need to go to the account page on the site and create a mobile nations password then it will work :)

Actually I didn't login with a social network, I logged in with a passport account that I created back in august. So how do I go about solving it? Do I have to connect one of my social accounts to the passport account to make it work? Thanks.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Actually I didn't login with a social network, I logged in with a passport account that I created back in august. So how do I go about solving it? Do I have to connect one of my social accounts to the passport account to make it work? Thanks.
Send me the details via a help request using the app as i may need to pass this up to the server gurus.

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Send me the details via a help request using the app as i may need to pass this up to the server gurus.

I've sent a help request about two days ago I think. One more thing to note, I am able to login with my passport and comment on articles, but whenever I go into the forums portal I am not able to login using the exact same credentials, it keeps saying wrong username/password combination and that I have only 5 tries remaining. Just thought that was weird.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
When you say forum portal do you meant through the App or through the site? It sounds like passport still has some issues here, I'll bring this to James' attention

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
When you say forum portal do you meant through the App or through the site? It sounds like passport still has some issues here, I'll bring this to James' attention

Through the app. My credentials work for the forums through the site, and also work for article comments through the site and the app. They only don't work for the forums through the app.

Canbacon

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, is anyone having issues with the "Download App" feature for the most recent articles posted on the front page? Luckily I was able to use Bing Eye on my computer but, it seems that most of the recent articles just come back with "Title not found" even if a QR code is in the post. Is this feature set by the article poster?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had a couple of weird bugs lately where I'm definitely logged in on the app to the forums and if I try to post a topic or reply to something I'd write out the response then the error message comes up saying I can't post or I'm not logged in or something similar so I'd lose my post. It could do the same thing 2/3 times in a row before actually letting me post.

Couple of feature requests:
1) Could we get a like button as well as a thanks button on the forum view? I'd use this much more than thanking.
2) Have you considered making a large tile where the news story and 'flavour' or preview text stretch across the double wide width? This could be good for someone that didn't want to commit the lockscreen but still wanted at-a-glance news

Just a thought.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Micah I'm spending every second of my spare time trying to sort that one. It's about the most frustrating thing I've had to do and is because I'm rendering a custom tile outside of Microsoft's api & recommended practice.

Anyway it's being re-written from scratch tonight because i cannot solve it with adjustments to my existing code.
I don't see what the big deal is. You simply load the app into the app machine, and then press the " fix" button.

Problem solved. I should write apps. It's pretty easy.:winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills