How to promote my app?

Hextor_PL

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I have some language learn apps "German Vocabulary 2 Free" and "Spanish Vocabulary 2 Free". The download is about 20 per day. It's not impressive.

The app is for Windows Phone 7.5. Do you think it would be better to change it for WP 8.1? I'm afraid to lose some part of the market.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Look at the Windows blog. 7.5 is a tiny set of potential customers so I wouldn't worry about losing them. Updating to a universal app will give any app more exposure but is of course sometimes a lot of work to do.

Hextor_PL

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I have tried to convert my game Christmas Memory Free to WP8, and there was some xna errors, so I gave up.

But I have successfully convert my app German Vocabulary 2 Free, naw I'm waiting to see potential. When I will have more time I will convert my other apps :) Thx for advice

m1ke999

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Quite interested in knowing this myself. Usually il try to promote it on various forums but don't see any major jumps in downloads

ibats

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have just published my app to store, so I am also interested in promoting, by now I bought some ad from microsoft for 10$ just to check how it work also I am going to promote in in groups on facebook and other social networks. this groups have more than 50000 users so I expect to get at least 1000 downloads. That is my first nice but small app, so I am basically testing how it works. I will let you know once done.
Cheers

ibats

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
So I have started to use Ad camaigns from microsoft. By now it looks like 3572 impresions and only 21 clicks and 21 Install from 15th. It's definatelly not 100% installs after clicks as I had some installs even before, so I will continue to monitor it.
By now I have spend 1.46$

ibats

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
small update, now I have 285 downloads, yesterday it was about 60 downloads per day.
I spent 4.56$ on promotion(impressions: 11401 Clicks: 52) So If understand results of the promotion correctly all I can get from that that ads is only 52 download. So it's not very impressing.

Meanwhile my app is in list of "New and Rising" in health & Fitness category so looks like most of the downloads I get from there.
Rating by now is about 4.9 so that is cool

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Looking for something similar, myself. I have US Carrier Apps in the store. I roughly get 10 downloads a week, because of the nature of the app. I'm finally at 1,000 downloads and 600 of those was when I had Paul review the app for me. Really don't want to pad for advertising when I'm not making anything off of it. Haven't mucked with implemented advertising in my app, so I really don't have any money to spend on it unless I can get another website to review my app. Pretty much works the same way as SysApp Updater, but without the notifications, afaik.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2