925 WiFi calling/texting

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I finally switched from my MVNO to T-Mobile because I need Wi-Fi calling in the office, but it barely works. I do not have a single bar of service in my building, but i have to set the phone to Wi-Fi calling only for it to even try to use WiFi calling. Then, whenever I try to call while on WiFi calling the phone says that it had connected but i can't hear anything at all. My WiFi calling has worked maybe two times all of most week but I'm really dependent on it, and it's the only reason I switched to T-Mobile. Texting has never worked for me no matter what wireless network I'm on. I've heard that Windows phone 8.1 is causing the issue and the cyan update will fix it, is this true? Would a reset help me in any way? Thanks.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Are you using the SIM that came with the 925? I had a similar issue and found out that my SIM was older and didn't support Wi-Fi calling. Kind of dumb but, I had them send me a new and hadn't had an issue after.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Did the same for me. I would check and make sure that isn't the issue. If you contact T-Mobile and tell them what your SIM number is they can tell you if its outdated and ship you a new one for no charge. Hope that helps!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Did the same for me. I would check and make sure that isn't the issue. If you contact T-Mobile and tell them what your SIM number is they can tell you if its outdated and ship you a new one for no charge. Hope that helps!

Or walk into a TMO store and they will give you a new one, right away. Did that a few times when I buy newer smartphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss