1.5.1.351 Update - May 13, 2010

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
There is a new driver posted, 1.5.1.351. Curious if anyone has tried this with a Touch Pro 2 (or Tilt 2) and noticed any changes with the following issues that slimcane described in an earlier release:

1) This version disabled the TouchFlo Dialer and enabled the Windows Mobile dialer. I have re-tried my previous fix, and now I cannot change it back the same way. (See Post Here)

2) Keyboard in Opera does not work... again! I already posted a fix for this. PLEASE incorporate this into the next driver release! (See Post Here)

3) Bluetooth Icon GONE! - I am at a loss with this one. I installed no other software. Just the Redfly software. Now, I have no icon telling me that my bluetooth is on.

I experienced #s 1 and 3 for every recent driver I recall trying. In addition, the penultimate driver (as of this writing) failed to work at all (video would never transfer from the TP2 to the Redfly). Every time I would have to hard reset my phone to get my dialer back - KaiserTweak/Advanced Config would not work - same with the Bluetooth icon.

I'm not willing to be a guinea pig this time, but if anyone else tries it, please let us know how it works.

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I am currently running the 347 driver and have not seen any issues, although I haven't tried opera with it. I actually like IE mobile better. But the bluetooth Icon is there.

I don't mind trying it. I still have the 347 driver I could reinstall.

I do know that I can only get a bluetooth connection with the stock tilt2 rom. Every other rom I have tried won't connect more than once.

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm on the stock Sprint ROM. I wonder which driver I tried - fresh off a hard reset - that wouldn't transfer the video. It was unique to the Sprint 6.5 ROM or my phone - no one else reported the same issue.

Every time I install the RF driver and I forget to edit the XML file it permanently destroys my dialer or something happens with BT. Then I hard reset, go for awhile, see the RF charging on my desk, wonder if anything has changed, check the driver page, download something new, try again, and repeat. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now. :D

edit: WRT the BT issue, it's not a loss of connectivity, it's a loss of the icon. Just annoying, since I like to glance at the phone to see if my headset is connected.

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
On my Tilt 2 running a stock rom with the 350 driver:
Bluetooth icon is there
I don't know which dialer it gives me I would have to hard reset to see
Opera doesn't seem to work right when connected to the redfly but is fine otherwise
IE Mobile is fine

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I don't know which dialer it gives me I would have to hard reset to see

Hmmm...not sure what you mean by that. What do you see when you press the phone "send" button? It would either be some sort of HTC dialer (fancy) or the ancient WinMo dialer. The difference is pretty obvious when your dialer changes. RedFly has always removed my nice HTC dialer and replaced it with the ugly WinMo dialer.

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
Thanks again. That is the HTC dialer...that means at least for the Tilt 2 they set the xml file not to replace the dialer.

Nice to see the BT icon there as well.

Hmm...tempted to give it a shot...but I got my phone working so nicely now, I'd hate to mess it up. :)

anon159272

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
So I've installed this but I haven't connected RedFly yet.

The new dialercontrol string reads:

Code:
<DialerControl>
	<UseCelioDialer>skin_only</UseCelioDialer>
</DialerControl>

Anyone from RedFly care to comment what that does (vs. the "no" option that slimcane identified earlier)?

badersk

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Mine actually works pretty good. If I have TF enabled it turns it off, if I have the default WM6.5 it leave it on, and of course if I use the plain old today screen it leaves it as well.

I am contemplating selling it, but they are only going for 120 on ebay and I don't know if I want to sell it that cheap or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usher2hell