1314 for Roger Lumia 920 available

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, that thread is a mix and matches of useless and sometimes contradictory"solutions", but most importantly, it does not address the problem of th access point app not working. I tried all the so called fix in there even if I knew they were bogus and none work for this particular issue. Thanks for trying though :)
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, that thread is a mix and matches of useless and sometimes contradictory"solutions", but most importantly, it does not address the problem of th access point app not working. I tried all the so called fix in there even if I knew they were bogus and none work for this particular issue. Thanks for trying though :)
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Sorry. Just trying to help.

The guy at post #122 on this thread had the same problems you have and it worked for him after doing this. And, I know it worked for a lot of other people too.

Even for me! I had to do it after the 1308 and 1314 updates because my access point got broken again. The only difference is for that last update, I had to do it 3 times for it to work. Don't know why....

(Try reading post #50 here...)

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Well after all that I decided to take the plunge and hard reset... and guess what... the damn phone appears to be bricked, I'm trying all the "natural ways" to revive it so I'll let you guys know if that was all for nothing :unhappysweat:

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. Just trying to help.

The guy at post #122 on this thread had the same problems you have and it worked for him after doing this. And, I know it worked for a lot of other people too.

Even for me! I had to do it after the 1308 and 1314 updates because my access point got broken again. The only difference is for that last update, I had to do it 3 times for it to work. Don't know why....

(Try reading post #50 here...)

when u stated that u deleted the setting, what if there's no setting to delete at all? all i have under cellular is option to Add apn or mms. i can create one, then delete. but so far resetting or tuning off and on hasnt revive the access pt app. i have latest firmware on rogers L920, on ATT network.

jojapath

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
when u stated that u deleted the setting, what if there's no setting to delete at all? all i have under cellular is option to Add apn or mms. i can create one, then delete. but so far resetting or tuning off and on hasnt revive the access pt app. i have latest firmware on rogers L920, on ATT network.

Try to add an APN in access point. Click the "ADD" button in access point and enter anything, it doesn't really matter. Than switch from the one you added to AT&T back and forth. Some people said this trick worked for them.

And, also try to add data in: settings------->cellular. Restart the phone and delete what you just added. Then go back to access point and try to enable it, see if it works....

Just play around like that, try all the different ways. That's what I did and it finally worked! It is better than a hard reset and risk bricking the phone anyway...

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
This is just stupid now. Every time something new comes down the pipe, I'm forced to hope and pray the phone still is fully functional, and play with settings, add delete, dance with my phone, do a voodoo dance, etc

Isn't this our criticism of the Android platform. Sheesh.

It should just work.
I rely on internet sharing for business purposes and its rendered useless, and inconsistent AT BEST. Missed calls, hello, this is a phone first.

My experience was the opposite of most, 1308 was perfect and everything is screwed up with 1314.

C'mon Nokia, smarten up

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow I would never recommend hrd reseting to my worst enemy, what a hell ride!!! took three attempt 4 hours each to get it to boot back up. The good news is that access-point is working. But what a heavy price to pay!!

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow I would never recommend hrd reseting to my worst enemy, what a hell ride!!! took three attempt 4 hours each to get it to boot back up. The good news is that access-point is working. But what a heavy price to pay!!

Are you saying that after the hard reboot, the newest version/update of Access Point DOES NOT crash when selecting the appropriate access point?
All other methods listed above have done nothing for me.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that after the hard reboot, the newest version/update of Access Point DOES NOT crash when selecting the appropriate access point?

Why would you need the access point app after the hard reset when you can manually enter the data and mms settings?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
but I thought 1308 is 1314 ;P
This is just stupid now. Every time something new comes down the pipe, I'm forced to hope and pray the phone still is fully functional, and play with settings, add delete, dance with my phone, do a voodoo dance, etc

Isn't this our criticism of the Android platform. Sheesh.

It should just work.
I rely on internet sharing for business purposes and its rendered useless, and inconsistent AT BEST. Missed calls, hello, this is a phone first.

My experience was the opposite of most, 1308 was perfect and everything is screwed up with 1314.

C'mon Nokia, smarten up

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
but I thought 1308 is 1314 ;P

Yeah, yeah.... PUNK!
Well, in that case borasar (been away from the community for a while, saw this yesterday), the decision to release 1308, which was actually 1308, not like I claimed (even though this wasn't necessarily the force of my argument, but I will concede nonetheless, I'm wrong, etc... lol)

The decision to release 1308 with the issues known, my respect for Nokia has certainly decreased.
I was fighting against that logic in the previous discussion because I never thought they would. :(

And now I'm stuck, was perfect with the apparently buggered 1308, and now am experiencing 1308-ish symptoms with the 1314 update.

FFS.

I suspect if Nokia releases a new update to Access Point, it will rectify my issue.

But for the love of God, this 'hope and pray' my phone works as its designed to work, is getting on my nerves
I'm basically now a WP8 ******, but all of this is souring me fast.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
haha, just yanking your chain man

That's essentially how I was feeling until 1314 came out, was frustrating as hell, so I feel for you

I hope it gets fixed soon, this isn't good for any of us, Nokia or WP. My mms is still busted, gotta update the settings manually.

Yeah, yeah.... PUNK!
Well, in that case borasar (been away from the community for a while, saw this yesterday), the decision to release 1308, which was actually 1308, not like I claimed (even though this wasn't necessarily the force of my argument, but I will concede nonetheless, I'm wrong, etc... lol)

The decision to release 1308 with the issues known, my respect for Nokia has certainly decreased.
I was fighting against that logic in the previous discussion because I never thought they would. :(

And now I'm stuck, was perfect with the apparently buggered 1308, and now am experiencing 1308-ish symptoms with the 1314 update.

FFS.

I suspect if Nokia releases a new update to Access Point, it will rectify my issue.

But for the love of God, this 'hope and pray' my phone works as its designed to work, is getting on my nerves
I'm basically now a WP8 ******, but all of this is souring me fast.

Rancorbeast

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

Yes sir, the access point app was the first I downloaded after the hard reset and it works. It applies the profile without crashing.

Why would you need the access point app after the hard reset when you can manually enter the data and mms settings?

Dude, the access point app is the only way for unlocked lumia 920 owners to get internet sharing working, all you folks rambling about "adding the apn manually" really need to read this forum more. Roger and AT&T for that matter will punish you if you DARE to unlock their little money maker phone. One of these punishment is making sure your phone can't read the correct apns from the sim card. This feature is called ADC (automatic data configuration) I for one have posted in the past that Roger has deliberately crippled that setting whereas other firmwares (particularly Europeans ones) have left it alone.

See my findings here http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...et-sharing-evidence-rom-tampering-rogers.html
(I may be wrong but this sh** was happening back with the lumia 900 and flashing a south american rom from Telstra made it so that unlocked 900s where sharing internet with no problems... so it's pretty convincing to me)

Access Point does what the phone should be able to do on it's own with ADC (i.e. read the damn APNs off the sim card, apply them and let you use your phone the way it's supposed to do)

So there you have it, I suffered through a hard reset but at least I can go to work and use my damn internet!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes sir, the access point app was the first I downloaded after the hard reset and it works. It applies the profile without crashing.

Dude, the access point app is the only way for unlocked lumia 920 owners to get internet sharing working, all you folks rambling about "adding the apn manually" really need to read this forum more. Roger and AT&T for that matter will punish you if you DARE to unlock their little money maker phone. One of these punishment is making sure your phone can't read the correct apns from the sim card. This feature is called ADC (automatic data configuration) I for one have posted in the past that Roger has deliberately crippled that setting whereas other firmwares (particularly Europeans ones) have left it alone.

See my findings here http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...et-sharing-evidence-rom-tampering-rogers.html
(I may be wrong but this sh** was happening back with the lumia 900 and flashing a south american rom from Telstra made it so that unlocked 900s where sharing internet with no problems... so it's pretty convincing to me)

Access Point does what the phone should be able to do on it's own with ADC (i.e. read the damn APNs off the sim card, apply them and let you use your phone the way it's supposed to do)

So there you have it, I suffered through a hard reset but at least I can go to work and use my damn internet!!

Instead of writing this story you should have just asked whether it has worked for me....and it has. I am currently using an unlocked Rogers 920 on T-Mobile USA without the access point since it breaks my Internet Sharing. This has been discussed multiple times in a lot of forums and everyone including me have suggested to stay away from it till Nokia fixes it. I know AT&T has locked the settings but Rogers hasn't. BTW I am on 1314 and before that I was on 1308 and before that I was on 1249...all of them had the option to enter the Internet and MMS settings manually and on all of them I stayed away from access point because of the broken internet sharing.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey Pankaj,

did you have a fix for MMS setting as well? I'm on rogers, but unfortunately have access point installed, and MMS doesn't work as a result, don't use internet sharing, but I guess that doesn't work either
Instead of writing this story you should have just asked whether it has worked for me....and it has. I am currently using an unlocked Rogers 920 on T-Mobile USA without the access point since it breaks my Internet Sharing. This has been discussed multiple times in a lot of forums and everyone including me have suggested to stay away from it till Nokia fixes it. I know AT&T has locked the settings but Rogers hasn't. BTW I am on 1314 and before that I was on 1308 and before that I was on 1249...all of them had the option to enter the Internet and MMS settings manually and on all of them I stayed away from access point because of the broken internet sharing.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've also got a Rogers Lumia 920 on T-Mobile, and it's running 1314 since last week. No problems at all. I don't care if Internet sharing won't work because it's not a feature I've ever used. MMS definitely works because my boyfriend sends me picture texts every so often, and just this morning I sent one to my friend. So, no complaints over here. The Access Point app was a lifesaver for me, because I couldn't get my phone to work properly without it.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
frusterated STILL at my battery, i decided to perform a HARD RESET 1 more time (did it twice already before 1314 with no issues)....its stuck on spinning gears! Im so mad at myself, the phone was working perfectly except for the less than average battery performance and now im in a possible bind. I've held volume down + power hoping 2nd attempt fixes it. I know someone earlier mentioned it took them 4 attempts :/

I just hope it boots up properly. never doing a hard reset ever again...even if the battery still sucks.

Update: took 4 soft resets but it eventually booted up. Also to note, access point now works (activated apn).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz