928: Touch screen stops working, now more than ever.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had the phone since June and this happened to me last night. Screen froze but the buttons were still responsive. Did a soft reset and everything is fine now. The only thing out of the ordinary is that I used the Camera quite a bit last night - especially the video function. Hopefully this isn't the start of a trend as I really like the 928.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me 5 times in the last few days. Went to Verizon store, they are sending me a warranty replacement in the mail. Wonder if it will be a "like new" refurbished unit.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
This lockup issue is tarnishing WP solid and reliable image. My friends and family are considering moving to a windows phone but I wouldn't dare mention my issues because they would assume all windows phones have this problem. It really makes you appreciate how stable WP 7.5 was and I know things will get better in time.

CrockettGTO

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you think its WP 8 though? It doesn't seem to be as common on the 1520 or 1025, 925 etc. Here about it much more frequently on the 928. I dunno. I've been an iOS guy for the first 3 years, then moved to Android for the last 1.5. I am really trying to detach from the Google intrusion machine.

Ruben Swint

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I had exact same problem for last two days.
Verizon representative did not have a clue; told me the phone had gotten wet and was fried.
I went to MS store where I purchased phone. MS store guy REMOVED THE SCREEN PROTECTOR
that I had added and the phone works just fine now. Crazy!

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Touch screen stopped responding suddenly!!!!!!!

I have faced the same problem. Thanks for your technique. My phone works normally now....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whcrumb