A Sad Day on Reddit

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Le sigh...

I was extremely excited to see a AMA (ask me anything) from an AT&T salesperson who seemed to be really friendly, but once again I was disappointed on the Windows Phone front.

Check out our convo, here. :(

I think I've decided to let it go, since I don't really know how I could change her opinion, anyway. Any ideas?

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I point back to the fact this is some guy on the internet. He could indeed be an at&t rep, but that doesn't mean anything. If the guy is an iOS or Android ******, Nokia could pay them $10,000 to use the Lumia 900 and they'd still hate it.

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty funny. I remember when iOS fanboys used to say the exact same thing about Android. That changed eventually. I think that the OS has potential to wow people once they actually see it. I know most of my friends had to give MS credit once they saw how fast I could do some things.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I like this guy. Says its not a lack of knowledge then proves he has no clue what he is talking about. I wouldn't expect anything less from ATT

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Considering I have seen more reps saying the opposite, this is an outlier. Even Apple has their naysayer (well, um, I guess that would be us).

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Considering I have seen more reps saying the opposite, this is an outlier. Even Apple has their naysayer (well, um, I guess that would be us).

That's true. Seeing one bad example doesn't mean the consensus is bad. I was just hoping to hear some good from her, since she sounded so positive in her previous posts.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I left a comment asking for a POV on how WP is inferior to Android. I can see where it's inferior to iOS, which in many ways it's really not. Having to flip through apps and a grid of icons to constantly receive information is not as simple as unlocking the device and having all your information right there. Even the setup of the Me tile, and People Hub is a lot better then having to open Twitter and Facebook applications unless they use cross platforms like Tweet Deck or Seesmic. Which even then, those are applications whereas on WP it's all integrated.

With all that being said, you can even say that iOS is inferior to Android. Smart phones are about receiving information the fastest and easiest making our lives less complicated. Android has widgets that display common information like weather and other stuff that we don't need to be flipping through everything to find out. So some could argue that even iOS is inferior to Android in some aspects.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The main issue I see is that Apple has people so crazy for apps the handset is nothing more then an app viewer. I want a simple easy to use phone with an uncomplicated ecosystem. Hence, the reason I use my WP7 and love it. I have used iPhones and various versions of Androids and really didn't care for them.

WinPhan7

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
WP has its own group of Fanboys. Windows+Phone+Fan=WinPhan We are trying to build up the reputation of WP owners as techies with great devices who love them. We are trying to bring basic street cred to our device and us as users. Why should we always have to legitimize WP? The truth is that we know it's incredible and versatile, but lacks WP lacks the credibility that overly excited Fandroids and iFans create within their own ecosystem. We as WP owners must get together as a large group, and show our over the top love for our ecosystem. We have the opportunity to help MS by touting our WinPhan love. Join us in the WinPhan Movement!

Sent from WinPhan7.5! using Board Express

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
That last argument is so stupid, "loses to Android in customizability, loses to iOS in simplicity." All you had to say was "wins against Android in simplicity, wins against iOS in customizability." I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue, err, fingers. I would've just went off, called him out for the close minded moron he is, told him to enjoy his lifeless sea of icons UI, malware, and boringness, and logged off.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never understood the point of trying to force WP7 on anyone. Either they want to use it or they don't.

I think it's about giving a fair, unbiased representation to customers and letting them make their own minds up. WP isn't for everyone, just like Android/iOS isn't. But I see a sales rep's job to be one where they provide objective information about the platform to customers and let the customers decide. Of course, if the customer wants the rep's opinion, then that's a different story but it shouldn't be the rep's job to knowingly push a customer away from a device based on personal preference.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I absolutely hate them. I see them as windows last ditch effort to grab some market share. The phones are fast but they have limited functionality due to a lack of apps.

if only he gave a relevant reason aside from APPS!.. please... i absolutely hate it cause of lacks of apps is basically what he said.

but he finds them fast .. so in other words , he likes it cause its fast but hates it cause it doesn't have a baby monitor or hair growing app.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
if only he gave a relevant reason aside from APPS!.. please... i absolutely hate it cause of lacks of apps is basically what he said.

but he finds them fast .. so in other words , he likes it cause its fast but hates it cause it doesn't have a baby monitor or hair growing app.

The main 'apps' I can see some consumers missing are the social games like WWF and Draw Something. I think if MS can get Zynga and other companies on board to create social games that work across iOS/Android and WP, they'd have a much better chance of selling devices. However, other than those social games, I don't think there really is a lack of apps - main ones are mostly covered.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Last time I listened to a mobile sales rep was.....never? Really should be common knowledge now that sales reps in general are there only to make a sale and have no knowledge of what they are selling. No excuse for listening to them and the people I have met that have done so have always regretted the decision. People just need to take their brains off automatic and try utilising that huge muscle now and again.

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, the non-techie majority don't usually read reviews and such, so if a sales rep says a device is bad, they tend to take their word for it.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
WP has its own group of Fanboys. Windows+Phone+Fan=WinPhan We are trying to build up the reputation of WP owners as techies with great devices who love them. We are trying to bring basic street cred to our device and us as users. Why should we always have to legitimize WP? The truth is that we know it's incredible and versatile, but lacks WP lacks the credibility that overly excited Fandroids and iFans create within their own ecosystem. We as WP owners must get together as a large group, and show our over the top love for our ecosystem. We have the opportunity to help MS by touting our WinPhan love. Join us in the WinPhan Movement!

Sent from WinPhan7.5! using Board Express

I keep seeing these posts, but no info on how to actually 'become a winphan'. Is there a website or something?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny