A small but sure way to tell WP 8 is gaining popularity.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Here's my litmus test. It's been working pretty well so far.

So when i used to pull out my HD7 in front of a work colleague, they would say "what phone is that?" to which I'd reply "it's a Windows Phone." They would invariably reply with "a what?" and sound utterly uninterested.

Everyone who has seen my 8X has asked me, "Ooh, is that one of them new Windows Phones?!" in excited tones. Usually followed by "can I have a go?"

And we're not even talking about a tech-savvy crowd here - this is people for whom X-Factor is their primary means of entertainment. ;)

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a colleague who has had iPhones for several years come into my office this morning and say. Hey I was at the mall this weekend and saw that new Lumina :lol: that you ordered. (I'm waiting on yellow) He said they had it displayed right next to the iPhone 5. He said it was faster, and the quality top notched. When he needs a new phone he would certainly look at WP8.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Makes me sad that I will look like a follower. My Titan is not able to get wp8 and since I only bought it less than a year ago, I have another year to wait. By then many people will have windows phones and the general excitement will have subsided. So no ego stroking for me when I pull out my new surface phone next year. :dry

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I was in the movies watching the new James Bond yesterday and around me I saw like 5 people use their cellphones in my vicinity. The only non-WP was my dad's Samsung xcover or whatever it is, the supposedly more durable cheap android phone :D

Given, this was in Finland, but still :D And WP8 hasn't even started selling here yet. In front of me sat a guy with his son. I think the dad was a Nokia employee, as he sorta looked like one and he had a yellow Lumia 820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria