Anyone seen such an amazing hardware issue on 830?

Dupdopy

May 29, 2014
Visit site

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
It probably just didn't "fall off" it might have briefly caught on a thread from a shirt or sweater and the next time you removed the back it became all the way loose. Pretty sure the only fix is a factory fix OR find a badly damaged 830 on eBay etc. and get that contact. It's not something that can be "repaired" it has to be replaced.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have seen a few phones missing one of those contacts. I have seen it on some 920's as well. Not sure how to fix it, unless you can solder the piece back on.

Dupdopy

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the comments, guys!

I know for sure that I never touched this contact - I am extremely careful with gadgets, especially when the cover is removed.
Anyway. I went to the repair shop (phone is still on the factory warranty) and handled over the phone. After 30 minutes it was repaired and wireless charging working again. So - it seems to be easily fixable. All good now =)

pizzaboy192

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Had this happen first day I had my 830. Since I got mine from a different country so it could work on my carrier properly, I didn't have a warranty. Instead, I was able to repair it with a little blob of solder from a soldering iron and a bit of spring from an old pen. Still works great!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2pretty4tv