App store is worse than in 8.1

congthanhgiong

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I find it more difficult to find app that i normally use on 8.1 platform, and today there's an article about why devs are still avoiding win 10 http://finance.yahoo.com/news/developer-frustrated-windows-10-app-204050987.html .

From ms site, it states that the apps I cannot find might be not allowed from my region. Thats not true, here' an example: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...CNE0oePnlcgzpW2CjpRcoP6UXpM0Cw&token=a6AXus7-

That link will lead to zalo app, a famous chat app in vietnam, and i can install it both on region usa or other country. However, there's no way to find it on win 10 store, really suck.

Not sure what Ms are doing, it's very basic feature and they cannot do it right. They're trying to increase the windows presence on as many as devices as possible to convince devs to get back and it's laughable, they cannot find their apps on the store.:angry:

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think the app store had gotten pretty good under WP8.1, although there were definitely problems. But individual app info was nicely organized at least.

Now it's crap, with that information dumped on a long scrolling page. Often screenshots don't even appear in the same location and filtering through comments is clunky. Worst of all, the date of the last update has been removed so there's no easy way of knowing if an app has been neglected or not.

As far as the store overall is concerned; it's annoying how apps, movies and music have all been bundled together. Search, as you mention is terrible. And the worst aspects of the old store persist. There's still a deluge of junk apps causing good stuff to get buried. Microsoft also seems to continue putting little effort in promoting anything other than the same old apps from the biggest developers.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
One of the most irritating things is that you are not longer able to select an app in the list of Updates and downloads to see info about it, like changelog etc. before updating. Now you have to manually search for the app in the store to see what's changed. I can't understand why this still isn't fixed. And regarding changelogs, it's a mess, you never know when or where you will find it in the app description. Even MS's own apps follow the same rules.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah, does anyone get an update on their tile when there are updates? With Windows 10 I lost that functionality so I have to go into the store and manually check for updates. Even within the app it rarely knows there's an update until I check.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Last updated date is very important. You get to know whether the app is actively developed or not. MS just does not seem to get it or they are doing it on purpose. I will be buying a new phone in July. If they don't fix it by then I'll be moving to a different ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di