Apple's HoloLens competitor 'Vision Pro' shipments have fallen well below expectations. I am shocked. Not really.

Kaymd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for mentioning the fundamental issue with all the current AR/VR sets from Hololens to Quest, PSVR/2 and now Vision Pro - absolutely no one finds wearing a massive uncomfortable piece of tech on their face fun.
It's as simple as that and unfortunately a human physical limitation. I don't even like always wearing headphones, let alone a whole VR headset. It'll always be a niche category.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I think the story is pretty much always the same for VR and related technologies. People get all excited for it because of the wow factor, but then realise there's just not that much that they can do with it that's useful. I bought the Google VR headset to use with my phone - not the cardboard one but can't remember the name - and it was cool to experience something new but I hardly used it after that. Obviously Hololens and Vision Pro offer something more than that basic VR experience but it's very niche. Hololens was never even available to consumers and Apple said that Vision Pro wasn't for consumers either, but I reckon that Apple were quietly hoping that a significant number of consumers would buy it anyway because it's Apple. Maybe the Apple cult effect isn't quite as string as they thought.

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Working in the tech industry for decades, I loathed the idea of having to spend my days with an ugly headset on, but figured it was inevitable. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has no interest in VR headsets for anything more than optional entertainment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra