Apps/features I need if I make a switch

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
So it has been sometime I have been planning to switch from my iOS to Android/WP/BB

Features I need:
Is there any option to pin Reminders/notes to the Notification center AND/OR LOCKSCREEN? This is a must needed,must must needed thing... or any app/tweak/addons to do that function??? pLEASE help me...

Robust Calender + task app that is full blown customizable and featurful,Like for example,It can set multiple number of alerts for the event and we can adjust the the time when the alert with go off,then we will set the second alert about the "Same" event...so any apps,tweaks,addons?

App or tweaks for nagging reminders,like Dayminders i.e reminders will repeat after every say 5 minutes,30 minutes,5 hours,2 hours etc,and they will also have a "nag-me" option like nagging the reminder every minute until I turn the phone on... some of you MIGHT be familier with a similer app in iOS named "alarmed",I am providing its name for reference...

2. Evernote??? how the app quality is comparable to its iOS counterpart?Or Should I migrate to OneNote (I would love to )

3. featureful To-do apps like "Any.do,Omnifocus,checkmark2,Things,Wunderlist,Organize pro "???? etc ??

5. an fast launching app to make some quick random notes??? how is the stock notes app?

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
So it has been sometime I have been planning to switch from my iOS to Android/WP/BB

Features I need:
Is there any option to pin Reminders/notes to the Notification center AND/OR LOCKSCREEN? This is a must needed,must must needed thing... or any app/tweak/addons to do that function??? pLEASE help me...

Robust Calender + task app that is full blown customizable and featurful,Like for example,It can set multiple number of alerts for the event and we can adjust the the time when the alert with go off,then we will set the second alert about the "Same" event...so any apps,tweaks,addons?

App or tweaks for nagging reminders,like Dayminders i.e reminders will repeat after every say 5 minutes,30 minutes,5 hours,2 hours etc,and they will also have a "nag-me" option like nagging the reminder every minute until I turn the phone on... some of you MIGHT be familier with a similer app in iOS named "alarmed",I am providing its name for reference...

2. Evernote??? how the app quality is comparable to its iOS counterpart?Or Should I migrate to OneNote (I would love to )

3. featureful To-do apps like "Any.do,Omnifocus,checkmark2,Things,Wunderlist,Organize pro "???? etc ??

5. an fast launching app to make some quick random notes??? how is the stock notes app?

Bump..please help urgent reply needed

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Bump..please help urgent reply needed

You have notifications on the lock screen and glance screen. 5 apps + a detailed notification from an app of your choice.

Not a big calendar guy

I use one note

lots of to do apps in the store, you can check them out at windowsphone.com

you can pin a note from onenote to the start screen for quick access.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I can't help with all your questions but I made the move from Evernote to Onenote. The only thing I miss is reminders on notes. Other than that I prefer Onenote, it's so smooth and....just works.

For your app questions....for many apps there are a ton of 3rd party apps that I have found do the same things as the main apps and in some occasions even work better. This will be a big help you you: LINK. Just type in the app you're looking for and it will display 3rd party apps as well.

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
You have notifications on the lock screen and glance screen. 5 apps + a detailed notification from an app of your choice.

Not a big calendar guy

I use one note

lots of to do apps in the store, you can check them out at windowsphone.com

you can pin a note from onenote to the start screen for quick access.

I can't help with all your questions but I made the move from Evernote to Onenote. The only thing I miss is reminders on notes. Other than that I prefer Onenote, it's so smooth and....just works.

For your app questions....for many apps there are a ton of 3rd party apps that I have found do the same things as the main apps and in some occasions even work better. This will be a big help you you: LINK. Just type in the app you're looking for and it will display 3rd party apps as well.

So i can pin notes on lock-screen right? So whenever i will press wake up button the note will be in front of our eyes? Yes or no?

Now for another feature/app

Any alarm/reminder/clock app that has nagging reminders???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So i can pin notes on lock-screen right? So whenever i will press wake up button the note will be in front of our eyes? Yes or no?

Now for another feature/app

Any alarm/reminder/clock app that has nagging reminders???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to play around with question number 1 tomorrow.....I will get back with you

Question 2, I'm not sure I understand. Nagging reminders???? Like a snooze button?

If you ever wanted to try out Windows Phone 8 Amazon sells the Nokia Lumia 520 for $60, it's what I use.

Kashan Osama

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I will have to play around with question number 1 tomorrow.....I will get back with you

Question 2, I'm not sure I understand. Nagging reminders???? Like a snooze button?

If you ever wanted to try out Windows Phone 8 Amazon sells the Nokia Lumia 520 for $60, it's what I use.

well well well...It is like an app I am gonna mention its link and features below,App is called "Alarmed" and it allows to have like,I have setup an alarm for 1pm,then I can set the option up in the settings which will allow the app to constantly nag me every minute/Every 5 minutes/every hour etc If I haven't discarded the alarm manually...So it is extremely good feature..And most importantly this app allows us to both set the alarm to ring after 1/2/3 days/weeks/months and also set the naggnig option alongwith it...Like I have a bill alarm which is setup to ring from 27th of the present month to 3 of the next,Which will ring first on 9am,then after 5 hours 2pm,then after 5 hours 7pm,So even If I am doing some stuff at 9am,I won't be at lose considering it will ring at 2pm/7pm so whenever i will be free,i will deposit the bills...So any app that does that?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
well well well...It is like an app I am gonna mention its link and features below,App is called "Alarmed" and it allows to have like,I have setup an alarm for 1pm,then I can set the option up in the settings which will allow the app to constantly nag me every minute/Every 5 minutes/every hour etc If I haven't discarded the alarm manually...So it is extremely good feature..And most importantly this app allows us to both set the alarm to ring after 1/2/3 days/weeks/months and also set the naggnig option alongwith it...Like I have a bill alarm which is setup to ring from 27th of the present month to 3 of the next,Which will ring first on 9am,then after 5 hours 2pm,then after 5 hours 7pm,So even If I am doing some stuff at 9am,I won't be at lose considering it will ring at 2pm/7pm so whenever i will be free,i will deposit the bills...So any app that does that?

So do you think something like this will work for you? AlarmZZZ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There's tonnes of calender apps but this one is one of the best - Chronos Calendar | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

The Evernote app is really nice you can check the features here - Evernote | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

I don't use To Do lists but there's a bunch of them as well - Search results for "to do list" | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

As people have mentioned OneNote is pretty powerful and it integrates with OneNote if you have it on your PC via OneDrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DualBoot42