As an apple user I have to admit windows 10 is exciting.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. iOS user - iPhone and iPad, but windows laptop. Windows 7 causing me bother but 10 fasinates me because of the direction of integration. Apple has been heading that way slowly, but windows may just overtake it.

Like the os for phone and tablet so watching closely. That and I'm not willing to pay the high prices quite so easily for Apple products so if windows do the same things then I will jump accross I think.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
thse days I move between my laptop with windows 10, and my surface 2 with windows 8.1 RT... I got to say, Windows 8.1 RT is the zippiest thing I've ever used.... I just wish I can have MS Visio and Project on it.... It will become my daily driver.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to ask you this weeks ago, but do you like the Hamburger menu & do you believe that W10P is better than WP8?

I hope it is but am not sure yet. Haven't tried it myself. What looks is surely not as easy to use as WP8.1

I am in camp pivots. Don't like hamburgers. We were evolving but then we stopped to look like apes.

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I own an iPad and a Apple TV as well. I was considering getting a MacBook to better integrate with those other Apple devices, but I just don't think here as interesting as some of the windows laptops coming out and as interesting as we does 10 is. So now I'm probaly just going to stick with windows and get a windows laptop. Which is weird because I was pretty sure I'd be converting to Mac, but a lot of what MS is doing is just more interesting to me.

You could do both. If you get a Mac, you can either use Boot Camp to run Windows on the laptop as the main OS, or you can get Parallels or VMWare Fusion to run Windows in an emulator and run both Mac and Windows apps at the same time. The latest Parallels even supports Windows 10 TP (I don't know about VMWare). That could give you the best of both worlds.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
So while I've never owned a Mac before i have used one before and I've owned pretty much every phone since the iPhone 4. I own an iPad and a Apple TV as well. I was considering getting a MacBook to better integrate with those other Apple devices, but I just don't think here as interesting as some of the windows laptops coming out and as interesting as we does 10 is. So now I'm probaly just going to stick with windows and get a windows laptop. Which is weird because I was pretty sure I'd be converting to Mac, but a lot of what MS is doing is just more interesting to me.

So I guess I'll continue to be the iOS guy who uses Windows and posts here. Please don't stone me , ha ha.

I just think it's crazy how much has changed just in the past year. It's weird to see MS as the super interesting company again

There's nothing wrong with that. If not for Windows Phone, I'd use an iPhone. Android is too problematic and fragmented for my tastes.

The wonderful thing is that MS has made it so using iOS and Windows works pretty well. That'll continue with Windows 10 as settings between the MSN apps on Windows 10 (News, Weather, Health+Fitness, Finance, etc) and iOS versions of those apps should work perfectly well, so you have the choice of using them crossplatform and having your settings synced.

There's definitely a buzz surrounding Windows 10 and it feels stronger than the one surrounding Windows 7. The idea of Universal Apps and the concept of writing once and publishing across a host of different devices is a great one. This allows for slight changes to adapt the UI. The one further step I'd make is a truly adaptive UI on devices with a Desktop capability, so a more traditional menu system may show on a Modern app when it is running windowed in the Desktop.

I've also been a Mac user. Prior to Windows 7, OS X was a good place to be. Since then, Windows has been far superior on desktops and laptops.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
With Windows laptop running 8.1 I have access to my iTunes library. I can Skype and Hangout with my contacts who are using an iPhone, iPad or Mac. If I really needed iOS notifications on a laptop yes I'd get a MacBook running Yosemite but Windows laptops offer as much or more features; flexibility and input ports; and as much computing power but at lower prices.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
ITunes for Windows both syncs my iTunes music to my iPads and lets me legally and quickly make an mp3 copy which I then copy to my (non-iPod) music player. This way if Apple ever shuts down iTunes for Windows (unlikely but still possible) I'll still have my songs available.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

Canjok

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, not everyone who has a Windows 8/8.1 machine wants to run apps. I have around 6 friends who don't use Apps at all. So I'm kinda not optimistic :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usher2hell