Ascend W1 Purchases

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So, who's getting the Ascend W1, and why? As for me, I might be looking into it. Depends on the storage space of the phone and whether or not it has removable battery, microSD, et al.

EDIT: fixed my copy paste blunder

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I might get it if it comes out with MetroPCS (even though they will merge w/ T-Mobile in the latter part of this year). I have a $30 4G LTE plan, but I'm stuck with a lackluster Droid. Of course, it will depend on the price (hoping for $199 to even a low $149 to get people on it) and the colors available (Want cyan or white). Btw, is there any credible news about when this phone will come out?

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I would get one. Depends on which one arrives sooner at Mexico's Telcel. It's either the W1 or the 8S. I don't really need all the bells and whistles of flagship devices like the L920 or 8X. Plus, they can be quite expensive, even on contract here in Mexico. The W1 or 8S I might get for free.

Gavin Ding

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I might get it if it comes out with MetroPCS (even though they will merge w/ T-Mobile in the latter part of this year). I have a $30 4G LTE plan, but I'm stuck with a lackluster Droid. Of course, it will depend on the price (hoping for $199 to even a low $149 to get people on it) and the colors available (Want cyan or white). Btw, is there any credible news about when this phone will come out?

HUAWEI Ascend W1 arrives at VMall in China. It retail at RMB 1599 without contract.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Ooh, looks like $250 flat. I may get it, even it's a bit pricier than I expected. Seeing that it's WCDMA/GSM, I hope it may be a post-merger phone that I can still keep my plan.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've settled on a Nokia Lumia 920 now, so won't be getting it. Still interested to know who will though.

I am planning on getting this or Ativ S depending on battery reviews. So far Ativ S is going strong. I am tired of micro managing my battery all the time. WP7 had made me give up that habit.

Jason Stevens2

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Just bought one in China.. On "sale" for RMB 1299.. My only gripe is that I'm already out of space!!! I put in a 64GB flash card, but I still have 1.5GB of "other" on the phone, 195mb of apps, and basically have no space... I guess apps can't be pushed out to flash like on an android?

Otherwise, its a great cheap phone!

oscarxvita

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Just bought one in China.. On "sale" for RMB 1299.. My only gripe is that I'm already out of space!!! I put in a 64GB flash card, but I still have 1.5GB of "other" on the phone, 195mb of apps, and basically have no space... I guess apps can't be pushed out to flash like on an android?

Otherwise, its a great cheap phone!

Reset your phone often, that would be better......lol

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got this phone last week other storage issue ruins this good phone limits your apps but the sd storage great for pic and music. Its very similar to my hd7 i had. Just got it for 109.99 gb. Only in stop gap until the new Nokias come out as ill have a two year contract the 820 or 920 don't take my fancy.

magicalnora

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Huawei yesterday. Really glad with my purchase because it is exactly bang for buck. I don't like spending too much on phones so this was ideal to me compared to the 620 which is next in line. The 510 looked good too, but it didn't have a secondary camera so I ruled it out. Otherwise, from this one day of having my W1, I'm pretty happy! Just a matter of getting used to the OS ^^,

Oh I should say I got mine in Nairobi for about 190$, but I wish my carrier gave me more bonus items. My other phone (Huawei Ideos some 2 years ago) came with a buttload of free credit and a huge data bundle!

awkm

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Bought one today in Canada on the WIND network. Had an HTC device on Android for the last year but HTC being HTC they discontinued the device like a month after I bought it so no updates.

Only literally a few hours usage on the Ascend W1 so I'll post a more detailed review in a few days when I've got a feel for it. First impressions are pretty nice. It's lightweight and the OS feels very responsive.

arielp

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Got mine from CDMA Network Operator (Smartfren) here in indonesia, this W1 CDMA version is supporting EVDO Rev.B which is quite fast comparing to EVDO Rev.A
Thats my i bought one..

also kinda bored with android, looking for another OS to fiddle with :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz