AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My phone is now unresponsive at times while in use, be it texting, swiping to get to an app or on a web page scrolling it just stops responding. I did the 1308 install, it created a bigger nightmare and I ended up with a replacement 920. I haven't installed 1308 nor 1314 so I'm still running the version prior to either of those. My concern is, will I be yet again tied up with a phone performing less than it was pre-installation and have to yet again send the current phone back to Nokia and wait for the replacement device. Major frustration here because this is like my 3rd Lumia 920 replacement since I got this phone last November.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 1308 about a week ago (the Netherlands) and Im having problems with my bluetooth, it just bugs out and doesn't want to connect to anything :( anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Crozone

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Nokia have locked down the servers from NCS and Navifirm. If you happen to have a copy of the Cache folder, you can still get the updates that are in your cache. If you know the code however, (eg 059Q9P1 for RM-821 VAR AU CV RED) you can type this into Phoenix and it will still access the Nokia servers, pull the firmware infomation, and download the files for you. I'm currently running 059Q9P1 RM821_1232.5962.1314.0004_RETAIL_apac_australia_new_zealand_304_04_169294_prd_signed with it. Then, you can flash this with NCS in the standard fashion.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having connectivity issues on AT&T 1314 in the DC area, but only within the past week, it was fine on the day of the update. Basically I'll have full LTE bars but wont actually have a data connection, the only way to get my connection back is to reset the phone, it will start up and sit at no connection for a bit and then goto 4G. I just checked my phone now and it has no connection at all in downtown DC, wait its back to 4G yet no data is being transmitted. ANNOYING

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The past two days haven't been great when it comes to connectivity. I had 4 bars of LTE and couldn't download anything, and speed tests at the time were showing .54Mbps down and 0 up. This may be an AT&T issue, but it's acting like it did with 1308. At this point I can't say 1314 is a complete success.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Before 1308 my l920 & gs3 both received anywhere from 28-40 mbps at my apt in the Bronx NY . after 1314 my L920 gets 4-12mbps. And upload is always faster than download

albashiq

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
hello /
it is to long to read 27 pages guys
anyone have heating problem after this firmware update 1308 one ????

my phone only got hot when i receviete it and when i disabled NFC thsi problem never came back
but after this firmware update my phone start getting hot in part above main camera with minimum uses it get hot ( i am not even try to push it hard at all )
specially when i am using internet ( sufring or using app need internet connection ) and my main internet connection via wifi

sooo anyone has this problem too ?
and anyone find solution for this over heating problem >?

FYI my phone not from AT&T i broyght it unlocked soo i can use it whereever i move

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
There are some issues with 1314. I had to take my 920 to the warranty center to be swapped out because it kept overheating and draining the battery. I also had problems with network connectivity where the radio would spaz out and lose all signal, pick up an EDGE signal, and take its time negotiating an HSPA+ connection. Sometimes, it wouldn't even reconnect over LTE without a reboot or resetting the radio via airplane mode. Other times, it would just kick me down to EDGE and wouldn't negotiate a better connection at all. Now, I've been back and forth with Nokia Care US via Twitter regarding the same problems on my new 920. The battery issue hasn't happened yet, but switching off NFC seems to fix the overheating problem. The jury is still out on whether it fixes the network issues, though.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Update on 1314 firmware issues: it seems that reflashing your firmware via Nokia Care Suite (ensuring you use the correct firmware for your phone) will correct connectivity issues.

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Update on 1314 firmware issues: it seems that reflashing your firmware via Nokia Care Suite (ensuring you use the correct firmware for your phone) will correct connectivity issues.

Thanks, actually I just have 1314 for 2 days but I dont see any changes. Thanks ^^

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Do you mean reflashing it with the 1314 firmware, or flashing back to 1249 and then doing the OTA updates? I've just tried to reflash with the 1314 firmware from NCS, and my connection issues are now worse than before.

I am H20Wireless, but I've been between Straight Talk, NET10, and now H20, and I noticed these connection issues after 1308....

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I was saying to flash it back to 1249 and do the OTA updates. But, it seemed that it didn't entirely do the trick. I still have problems every so often, but it appears to occur only when the phone overheats or is connected to a wired charger and WiFi.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I was saying to flash it back to 1249 and do the OTA updates. But, it seemed that it didn't entirely do the trick. I still have problems every so often, but it appears to occur only when the phone overheats or is connected to a wired charger and WiFi.
my 920 also overheats on 3g then the connections starts getting really bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria