Ativ available in USA yet?

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking at this phone for awhile and was torn between the Lumia 920 and this. However I can't find the Ativ S anywhere. While the Nokia is still hard to find but at least I can find it.

Has it been released in the USA yet?

aimnano

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting. Very close to getting the 920. Unless I hear even a half-legitimate rumor of it coming to AT&T before mid-2013, I'm going to have to go with a 920.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting. Very close to getting the 920. Unless I hear even a half-legitimate rumor of it coming to AT&T before mid-2013, I'm going to have to go with a 920.
Ditto what you said. I've even gone on the Samsung USA fb page and asked the question. They responded that they don't know. I'll give them an ultimatum pretty soon. It's a shame because I really want a phone with ability to add external memory, and I would also like to be able to remove/replace the battery easily, or even add a high capacity battery.

sporty2k

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Got mine in vancouver as I live in Seattle. Definitely worth it. Even though it was Rogers I unlocked it for 20 and it works perfectly on AT&T

aimnano

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Got mine in vancouver as I live in Seattle. Definitely worth it. Even though it was Rogers I unlocked it for 20 and it works perfectly on AT&T

That one doesn't support 4G though, does it? I'm also with AT&T.

I really want the Ativ S, but gah...not even a rumor of a release date. I've been a Samsung / Windows phone loyalist for a while now. Had a Samsung Propel Pro then a Samsung Jack...now a Samsung Focus...all amazing phones, but already being 3 months past contract being up, no rumored release date, and a Nokia 920 staring me in the face - I don't think I'll last much longer.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
That one doesn't support 4G though, does it? I'm also with AT&T.

I really want the Ativ S, but gah...not even a rumor of a release date. I've been a Samsung / Windows phone loyalist for a while now. Had a Samsung Propel Pro then a Samsung Jack...now a Samsung Focus...all amazing phones, but already being 3 months past contract being up, no rumored release date, and a Nokia 920 staring me in the face - I don't think I'll last much longer.

I too gave up on the Ativ. I had a Focus before and loved it. I wanted the removable battery and the sd card slot but just got tired of waiting and the Lumia has a lot of neat software exclusives.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm dumping 920 as soon as I can get my hands on Ativ S or surface or maybe even Lenovo. I'll give up the exclusives for a phone that will make it more than 10 hrs on a charge.

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm dumping 920 as soon as I can get my hands on Ativ S or surface or maybe even Lenovo. I'll give up the exclusives for a phone that will make it more than 10 hrs on a charge.

Mine lasts just fine...perhaps give your battery time to break in or test what apps are battery drains, versus piss & moan

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine lasts just fine...perhaps give your battery time to break in or test what apps are battery drains, versus piss & moan

I've had two phones since launch and this one for over two months. I've researched it all and tried it all and I'm in a good LTE market. I have weather running in background and nothing else to get what I can out of it. If I did utilize any more features it wouldn't make it that long. This phone is a $500 POS and I will be rid of it just as soon as possible. Then you won't have to listen to me piss and moan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peng