Battery life with WP 8.1

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I placed it in Airplane mode for an hour, 35% battery drain. Next day, I had wifi, Bluetooth, phone, and speakerphone going, 5% drain. I have no idea what is going on. I have five different batteries I have tried. I am now going to the nokia tool to factory reset it.

Update:

I factory reset it, and it seems to be working much better in all respects. Apparently, upgrading is a bad idea. It's faster. Less battery drain, and I now have features I did not have before.

Last edited:

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok I'll have to explain some things that are wrong and get repeated. One of the rules of the store is that if an app wants to make use of position it has to let the user disable it. Push notifications don't keep a connection alive, it's the opposite, and they are the most efficient way to receive contents asynchronously in mobile devices, way more efficient than regular scheduled connections. Live tiles don't get updated more often in 8.1, there are some exceptions but they must be justified, for instance the various live tile clock apps, in every other case the minimum is every 30 minutes. The worst battery offender is always the update or several updates without hard reset, as someone already figured out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di