Beta Intel HD 520 Drivers are out, and they seem to address the random Driver Crashing Issues

zerospace-net

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Greetings. I have a Surface Book, I7, 512GB with the Nvidia dGPU. I initially had some screen flicker though since last update I have not seen this occur again. Unfortunately, I have started to receive a Black Screen of Death, as I have heard some users call it. I will be surfing the web, normally in firefox, and it seems as though if I am scrolling up or down periodically the screen will just die on me and nothing can be done to wake it up except holding the power key down to turn it off and then restart it.

I have tried the download the drivers that you listed and I have tried to update the drivers manually but I keep getting the error that says these drivers are not compatible with the hardware and that I need to find the 64 bit versions (I am using the 64 bit links). I have tried to do this manually as you provided the walk through for but I get the same error.

Any ideas on what I can do to install these drivers? Currently I am running Driver version: 20.19.15.4326 from 11.20.15

I've gotten the "black screen of death", but not like this. Mine happens mostly on login/wake (windows hello) where the screen will just go black and the IR camera light is stuck on, but occasionally on detach/re-attach of the screen (no camera light on in this case). I have never *knock on wood* seen this in any other circumstance. The only way to get the screen back up and working again is to force a shutdown and restart. You may want to try the two button shutdown sequence and see if that helps at all.

If all else fails, you could attempt a refresh of Windows. I've been keeping that option in reserve if/when any of my issues become unbearable.