Bing Weather: Does anyone else's live tile not update?

Kevin Corcino

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried Bing Weather for the lockscreen pic but I did try Bing the other day. After nearly two days with same pic that I wasn't crazy about I changed it back to one of my kids. The Bing Weather tile did update once yesterday but hasn't since.

Kevin Corcino

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... The live tile has been working fine but now I question the data. It says the high for today is 40F and the low is -4F. Other sources list the low at 26F. That is a huge difference. It gets weirder. The hourly forecast says the negative temps will happen overnight into tomorrow morning. But the high/low for tomorrow is 41/33. It says it gets its data from Accuweather but Accuweather does not show the same data. Man, I really like this app. I just wish it worked properly!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had problems with Bing Weather live tile on both my windows 8 laptop and my Ativ S windows phone intermittently for 9 months. Gave up last week and now have Weather Channel on my laptop and Amazing Weather HD on my phone. Too bad because it was a nice looking app.

David Lloyd810

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I think the correct question is, has anyone seen this app work? Mine appears to have the location hard-coded in the app as Redmond, Washington, even though MSN Weather online (same login as Windows) knows I live in Plymouth, Indiana. I've made a daily routine out of opening the weather app every morning, telling it I live in Plymouth, Indiana, and watching it lock up for the day. I close the app each evening and try again the next day. I keep thinking eventually Microsoft will fix their app, but apparently I expect too much. I have location settings turned on, and other apps know where I live. It's only MSN Weather that will look nowhere other than Redmond for weather data. I think the programmers must have hard-coded that default location for testing purposes, and then forgot to remove it before distributing their app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty