Bluetooth + Headphone audio priority?

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a scenario that I was hoping would work out, but seems to be failing horribly thus far. I have my Lumia 920 synced with bluetooth to my car for Voice, while connected for audio via the headphone jack.

What I want to be able to do is use the voice commands, however the phone doesn't seem to be using the bluetooth for voice. I can trigger the voice command screen from my stereo, but the phone is outputting the "please say a command" through the headphone jack and listening via the phone speaker, or so it seems. If I disconnect the phone from the headphone jack, I can then use the voice command feature perfectly fine.

Reason I am trying to do this is the quality of music over my bluetooth is poor, but everything functions perfectly. I want to use aux mode for the music, but have voice command controls over bluetooth.

Does anyone have an idea how I can achieve this? It seems I can only configure the read text messages aloud mode.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same situation and just turned off bluetooth since it was such a hassel. However, yesterday I got the BlackBerry Music Gateway that I ordered from the WPCentral store. It's solved most of my issues. It paired via NFC and connected as a music device. The car connected as a voice device. Now I can press the phone button in the car and send out voice commands, then when it's done it goes back to playing audio through the Music Gateway. I haven't tried it out for reading and responding to texts yet, but that never worked with my car anyway. I'll have to turn it on and give it a test the next time I take a stroll.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same situation and just turned off bluetooth since it was such a hassel. However, yesterday I got the BlackBerry Music Gateway that I ordered from the WPCentral store. It's solved most of my issues. It paired via NFC and connected as a music device. The car connected as a voice device. Now I can press the phone button in the car and send out voice commands, then when it's done it goes back to playing audio through the Music Gateway. I haven't tried it out for reading and responding to texts yet, but that never worked with my car anyway. I'll have to turn it on and give it a test the next time I take a stroll.

Thanks for the info, I would love to avoid purchasing yet another piece of equipment but it may end up being the route I go too. How would you rate the bluetooth audio quality for music? What I have now is listenable for the most part, but with some music the distortion is unbearable.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
It's comparable to using the aux cable. The sound system in my car is just just stock on a '10 Corolla. There was a whine as I accelerated, but went away while at rest. I think it's an issue with the connections on the car not being properly grounded. I just turn the music up. The bluetooth in my car is only meant for voice so any music it played would be out the front two speakers only, with no bass, and dependant on the phone for volume controll.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
It's great, though, to just be able to drop the phone in the powered cradle I got from ProClip and just press play. It sounds trivial, but not having to plug and unplug the aux cable everytime I get in the car is great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skuwal