BSOD error message and involuntary restart after Anniversary edition

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an ASUS $1000 Win 10 notebook that I bought ten months ago. It was not without problems but I managed to get most of those fixed. Then came the Anniversary Update. I started getting the BSOD and automatic restart at least once a day, sometimes twice. I tried updating both video drivers. I get igdkmd64.sys STOPCODE error. When I updated the intel driver, I had the same thing, just a different error message. Both my NVIDIA and Intel drivers are up to date it says. I have used almost all the Windows OS's. I have never been so disappointed in an OS as Windows 10. At this point, I am ready to leave Windows completely and get a MAC. I can see that with every update Windows forces on me it will clash with something. My old Vista was a dream compared to this OS. I see that some people have completely lost the use of their computer. I hope you can help me before I abandon this machine, and Windows, for good.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have an ASUS $1000 Win 10 notebook that I bought ten months ago. It was not without problems but I managed to get most of those fixed. Then came the Anniversary Update. I started getting the BSOD and automatic restart at least once a day, sometimes twice. I tried updating both video drivers. I get igdkmd64.sys STOPCODE error. When I updated the intel driver, I had the same thing, just a different error message. Both my NVIDIA and Intel drivers are up to date it says. I have used almost all the Windows OS's. I have never been so disappointed in an OS as Windows 10. At this point, I am ready to leave Windows completely and get a MAC. I can see that with every update Windows forces on me it will clash with something. My old Vista was a dream compared to this OS. I see that some people have completely lost the use of their computer. I hope you can help me before I abandon this machine, and Windows, for good.

You should visit Asus site and download the full updated dirver package for your device.
That's clearly a 3rd party driver not updated by its manufacturer (usually SD card reader - wifi - ethernet - bluetooth - ACPI energy controller - something minor like that)
SOmetimes, due to such delayed updates, most repaires suggest to use still 8.1 driver for most problematic devices (Chevk control panel -> System -> Devices: do you got any yellow mark?)

Win10 works pretty well on mid and high level notebook with any BSOD

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

try doing a clean install of windows 10
And also contact the Asus store for possibility of repairs

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria