buzz outside of this forum?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed a buzz around wp8 in general, and specifically the 920, in their life circle? I participate in a message board that is more general in nature than this one, and has quite a large membership. There are two active smartphone threads going right now, both of which include wp8 in the conversation. One of them is specifically about the 920. Just now at work, a guy came up to me and asked about my 900. He said "I've been hearing about the 920, how do you like this?" He then went on to ask me questions about wp8, and concluded our conversation with "I have an upgrade, but I'm waiting to see the 920 before I use it on the iphone 5."

Very encouraging. I hope the HTC handsets get some buzz too, especially as we get closer to launch day.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nobody I know cares about windows phone and Nokia has a bad reputation here. Nokia however is way more popular than WP, thanks to the 3330 meme.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
No, I agree with you, there is a bit more of a buzz this time with the 920 getting favourable press and there seems to be an excitement over the possibilities that the W8/WP8 combo might offer
Add in the MS Surface tablet, and things are looking good..

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't really have any tech savvy people in my inner circle.

Well, the non-tech savvy people are who I'm asking about. The guy who asked me about wp8 at my office is definetely an apple guy, but not really a tech guy. He doesn't check forums and such every day like we do ;)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've heard people talking about the 920... One person saw my 900 and asked if it was a 920 on WP8. :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes at my office someone asked me if i would get the new Lumia 920 and if it was good my answer was yes and yes!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a customer who was going to go with the iPhone. After seeing my 900 and here's my WP8 pitch he's now waiting till Nov. He's anti Nokia for some reason so he's going with the Samsung.

I had one other co worker say he saw it and ask me what I thought. I told him he can check mine out the first day the are released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazt6h