Camera button no always launching camera from sleep

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had Samsung focus before my lumia 900, and at first I thought the same thing that the camera button is not waking the phone up.

but the difference is that the lumia 900 need longer press of the camera button that the focus,

"YOU NEED TO KEEP IT PRESSED UNTILL IT VIBRATES" to let you know that it detected your button press, so basically upi need to keep the button pressed untill the camera activates.

if you have used another wp7 model, like me a focus, it does not work the same , on focus it would onlu need a FULL press , you do not need to keep it pressed for long. but on the umia 900 if you let the button go before it vibrates, then it's going to be hit or miss whether it works.

prevent accidental button press setting is meant to prevent it from turning the camera on when it in your pocket or purse or up to your ear while on a call and uses the proximity sensor to work.

if you want to test it out, put the phone in your pocket or up to your ear, then press the camera button, it won't turn on, you can keep it pressed FOREVER and still it won't turn on.

I though tthis as well.

After reading these threads a couple of times I've tried to wake the camera and it doesn't turn right on. I get worried it's the bug everyone else is having, but then press it again and longer and it pops on.

It seems it does take a bit longer and the button is closer to being flush with the body than with the Focus. Guess I'll have to adjust accordingly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria