Chances of Nokia releasing last round of Nokia Lumias?

PepsimanLeh

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I could have bought the Xperia S at that time. The design suits me, better specs, decent camera. But I bought 620 instead of Xperia S because of Nokia. I love WP because of Nokia. My point is my familiarity and closeness with Nokia. It sounds naive but yeah, that's why I use Lumia.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Not exactly:

"Microsoft will acquire the Asha brand and will license the Nokia brand for use with current Nokia mobile phone products. Nokia will continue to own and manage the Nokia brand."

This does not say new phones will have Nokia on. I would expect them to license it for new phones too, but we have yet to see that 100% confirmed yet...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually think it will be the opposite. We wont have separate updates in the future like we do now. Instead of Amber and Black and GDR1,2,3, we'll just have OS and firmware updates straight from MS. And if you've signed up with the developer preview program, you would get them right away instead of waiting on the carriers.

I hope it works that way. Things rarely run that smoothly at Microsoft. I'm afraid it will take a considerable amount of time for Microsoft to wrap the Nokia acquisition up into Microsoft as a single entity with the WP software people.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You guys are making way too much of this. What constitutes Nokia are the people that work there, their experiences, their expertise and their passion. Those people aren't going anywhere. Getting sentimental over the letters that are printed on a device seems very strange to me.

Unfortunately once they are absorbed into Microsoft they are likely to jump on the "everything released last for WP) bandwagon.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately once they are absorbed into Microsoft they are likely to jump on the "everything released last for WP) bandwagon.

Well, "assimilation" often occurs slowly, even if the company is in the same country and employees share the same language. It also requires that a lot of key management positions are filled by MS execs, which is not happening. Nokia's management structure remains unchanged. Short of an executive declaring "WP-Last" as a company policy, I don't see that happening.

This is far less of a problem than people feeling "close" to a legal construct and its logo, rather than the people behind the products they like.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra