cheap official multiport adapter in UK

z10m

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Well I bought the cheapest adapter from amazon (£12.99) that has USB 3.0/HDMI/USB C and to my surprise everything works. I can have connected external display, USB HDD and charger at the same time and everything works.

Rayinblue Golden Type-C USB 3.0 Hub with Charging Port with 4K HDMI and Power Deli...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LXX1W45/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_5ZEGybNS6127F

Ok so I said it's charging too early.
The battery icon says it's charging but the battery level is actually dropping.

Last edited:

Arda Alan

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
so its not charging right?

i had the same experience with the original apple multiport adapter.
apple multiport adapter + third party 2.1 amper charger , also windows recognised that charger is plugged in. (not with the original device charger, with the original charger it did not even recognised plugged in state)
but actually it could not charge.
only the icon at windows notification area changed to charging icon, but actually it did not passthrough charge. and battery level dropped.

z10m

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
so its not charging right?

i had the same experience with the original apple multiport adapter.
apple multiport adapter + third party 2.1 amper charger , also windows recognised that charger is plugged in. (not with the original device charger, with the original charger it did not even recognised plugged in state)
but actually it could not charge.
only the icon at windows notification area changed to charging icon, but actually it did not passthrough charge. and battery level dropped.
Yes exactly I'm getting charging icon as well as batterybar telling me that I'm charging battery at around 5000mW so I thought its charging a lot slower than when connected directly but it still does but unfortunately that's not the case.
Don't know what is going on and why even batterybar thinks that its charging at 5W.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yenofenny