Critical Error : Start Menu - WIN 10

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
My start menu won't open, or Cortana and the notification center for that matter!

Tried the safe reboot and powershell options but they don't seem to work either.
Is there a fix for this barring a reset? I really don't want to format unless it's the ONLY option out there

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend doing a Repair Install ( also known as In-place Upgrade Install ).

Use the link (MCT) below:

www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You have 3 choices :

1. Click the Update now button and proceed to install.
It will involve update assistant to check on your computer's readiness. If approved, it will tell you what to do next. Just follow the prompts.

2. Click the Download Tool now button and Run it > select Create installation media for another PC > select the ISO file of your Windows 10 edition, language and architect.
Once iso file is downloaded > right click at the iso > click Mount > click Setup (or setup.exe).
Installation will begin.

*** Both above options will allow you to keep your files, settings and apps. No product key is required. Activation will be automatic.***

3. Burn the downloaded iso file to a bootable media ( DVD or USB ) > use the media to do a Cean Install.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz