Debating getting another 950

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I've spent most of this afternoon setting it up and love it. No issues at all. What an incredible difference between now and just a few months back! I updated all the apps, updated to newest build, hard reset and set up from scratch. Battery is great. Camera rocks obviously and everything integrated perfectly. I applied a glass screen protector and actually am loving using it without a case. Priv is going back. When the idol comes out I will use side by side with the 950 and decide which I'll be keeping then.

Thanks for the encouragement!

P.S. I chose the regular free shipping and Microsoft overnighted me the phone!
The dock is coming tomorrow 2nd day shipping. I'm in Chicago and phone shipped from Tennessee, dock from east coast. Vet satisfied with ms.

glad to hear a fellow L950 is enjoying a trouble free device, I'm sure it will only get better from here on end as newer updates come out.. BTW how are you enjoying the DTTW feature? (double tap to wake)

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
glad to hear a fellow L950 is enjoying a trouble free device, I'm sure it will only get better from here on end as newer updates come out.. BTW how are you enjoying the DTTW feature? (double tap to wake)

I use double tap to wake every time I get my phone out. It's great.

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
When you say band app working, does that mean Cortana is working from the band, because that still completely falls for me.

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I regret to say I had to opt out of using a windows phone, at least for awhile. I just picked up a new Motorola Pure for $190. I had the 640 Lumia. I am going to wait and see if a surface phone comes out and then I will try again. Just too many things I could not do, and one important thing is my Sirusxm radio. I cannot find no app for windows mobile. My Motorola phone has been great, good FHD display and very fast.

DaHardhouse

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I had meant the Band app on the phone doesn't crap out upon launch like it did with my BLU after the AU. But since you asked about Cortana, I checked it. And yes, I can give speech commands on my Band 2 for Cortana to execute.

ULTRA_NUUB

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Loved the 950xl and the windows environment. Main bank I use doesn't want to make an app. The phone kept restarting about 10 times a day, had to let it go. Using an iPhone now, takes 20 years to type anything without word flow, don't really want to install an app for that either.

Might check it out again after a couple more updates, see how it goes. Might even make it my daily if it's stable enough.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
When I got my first 950 last November the one main issue with that phone was restarting issues. It did that for a few months, but with each update it got a little better.

This time around with my new 950 I have not had one restart of this phone. There was a heating issue that was a little disconcerting when I first charged it up and terrible battery life, but after updating apps, OS and hard reset and a fresh start this phone has been great.

Battery life has been greatly improved too after settling in.

One thing I find a problem still is texting. Sometimes when I'm typing out a text on YouTube the letters delay coming up as you are typing. Don't know why that is, but it will get fixed in time I'm confident of.

Otherwise the 950 and windows is in a much better state than this time last year.

It's only going to get better.

Last edited:

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I guess couple more updates for 950XL and tada! it will be a wonderful phone with smooth working apps.

Sorry for your frustration with the 950XL. What are the problems and are you on insider fast ring ?
Maybe a more experienced user can help out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcw666