Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

I don't know why these much problems with all.. Mine is simply perfect.. None of the above problems,. none except that my "desktop version" in IE11 is not working. Its loading mobile version only.. And that too is not reported by anyone else here. That means a hard reset will correct it... Will do it shortly..

Remember that just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean nobody else has problems. The IE loading mobile only has been documented in this thread and others, as well. I have that problem on my phone, too.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

Mine is with pictures, they are not displayed on the pictures hub! Annoing

ArcticArrow

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

and really no one has the problem of Microphone not working? I found this to be a really annoying big big bug, because it's one of the most basic function of a PHONE!
DAMN it!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

and really no one has the problem of Microphone not working? I found this to be a really annoying big big bug, because it's one of the most basic function of a PHONE!
I've seen several people mention this problem, I think in this very thread. Maybe a search will turn up the specific posts, but I'd try a power/volume down reset to see if that resolves it, to start with.

Peter Atkinson

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

My online contacts with Facebook no longer show up in messages and I can no longer swap to Facebook messenger in the message app please can someone help. I can still use and login to Facebook but it no longer shows in my emails and accounts in settings. Please help

Halamadrid007

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Everybodys problems is so small compared to mine, plz help me what to do, no cellucar working and cant put wifi on comes an error, an smarthphone without internet..... plz help me, i tried soft reset withouth luck... i can receive normal sms and calls but my Network doenst work not even i cant put wlan on .. otherwise phone workd like thunder, so fast

nightspark

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Accent colors are desaturated. Cobalt no longer looks cobalt blue, it's pale blue now. The color should be 0020C2 (hexadecimal).

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

My online contacts with Facebook no longer show up in messages and I can no longer swap to Facebook messenger in the message app please can someone help. I can still use and login to Facebook but it no longer shows in my emails and accounts in settings. Please help

Have you been able to update to the new facebook app? I have not yet, but I believe that this will resolve the situation. I'm waiting for the store problem to get fixed.

dhruvmhjn

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Is there a InPrivate Browsing mode in IE??
I can't find it!

Update: found it.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Reading through this thread and around the forum, thank god I didn't install the WP8.1 dev preview. People have been reporting loads of issues. The best would be to wait for the Nokia cyan firmware and the release of WP8,1 for general public. Even though it might take some months at least I have a stable phone till then.

robsmithuk

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

I asked cortana to close the pod bay doors. Apparently she can't and thinks my name is Dave even though I set my name as Rob.

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Mine is with pictures, they are not displayed on the pictures hub! Annoing

I had to workaround this by adding a load of pictures to my favorites, going into settings, setting the tile to all photos and shuffling, checking the tile had photos on, removing all the photos from favorites, and it kept them on the tile still. Just don't shuffle again after that, you'll be ruined...

Are you storing your photos on an SD Card by any chance?

Peter Atkinson

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Have you been able to update to the new facebook app? I have not yet, but I believe that this will resolve the situation. I'm waiting for the store problem to get fixed.

Thanks Rich. No I've not been able to update it, like you I've had the same problems with the Store not working properly. Hopefully it all updates and works fine after they get it all working again.

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Qi charging has been hit or miss on my L920 since the update. I think this is just an initial issue and will be one that will sort of 'resolve itself" after a full charge.

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Ativ S interop unlocked + all capabilities enabled.....installed 8.1 on top of them, the update process went well, no problems at all.
Just the Store not able to open it, I think the Cortana enabled is the problem. I changed the language and the region settings to USA to have Cortana working.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

The tiles will show some backgrounds, but only a couple. Needs a restart before it works and refreshes.

mortalgun

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

No calendar, no Music and video player...thats annoying.....someone same problem? Maybe solution for that? (sorry for my bad english)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowaHooley