Developer Preview 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

OsamaAdam98

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Official] Windows Phone 8.1 Bugs and Defects Thread

Umm if your phone is lagging after the update, it's probably because you have a slow SD card with some apps installed on it, formatting my SD and installing apps on phone memory fixed that for me

iammarkcorella

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I have not yet tried other sites but everytime I go to Facebook using IE11, it reverts back to the mobile version despite having the settings turned to Desktop. :p Strange. I would have preferred the touch.facebook.com site but it just wouldn't push through.

Branimir Runje

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

please add "Data connection" in action center that we don't have to go into settings to start it
and video doesn't go on full screen when played from IE before it was
Lumia 625

Paragkharche007

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Photos tile keeps blinking. And Notifications screen should be transparent. Temporary files and other files tabs still not thorough . Unlock code from lock screen should have swipe keyboard. And more coming!

RickSaysMeh

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Sprint (Ting) HTC 8XT.

After performing a hard reset, the phone no longer recognizes the 64 GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC card. I am also plagued with random reboots, the screen taking up to 10 seconds to turn on after pressing the button (if it turns on at all), and random reboots.

Before the hard reset, the SD card was working fine, but I was experiencing the other problems, so I figured I'd try resetting. I did not have the phone format the SD card on reset. Now I still have the same problems and the phone doesn't even acknowledge that a card is plugged in.

The microSDXC card is formatted exFAT via Windows 8.1. If I remove the formatting, or format to NTFS, the phone recognizes that a card has been connected and offers to format it but fails every time...

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

Noticing that all my credit cards have disappeared from my Wallet.

I can't use credit card to pay for apps either. I'm stuck using my mobile operator.

I've confirmed the credit cards are configured on my Microsoft account. When I go to delete them, try to purchase an app, and re-add the CC in the app, it still won't let me use it.

Eirya

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site

When I tried to share a photo from my camera roll to Facebook this morning on my home wifi, it displayed "Sorry, unable to share". Now I just tried sharing a photo from my work wifi (which 8.1 finally connects to, yay!!!! (it's an 802.1x EAP network that we log into with Active Directory creds)) and it worked just fine.

Edit: I have a Lumia 521, SanDisk 32GB Class 10 MicroSD inserted, on T-Mobile US.

Kaushik Poddar

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site

My battery is draining really fast. Didn't last even 3 hours. Recharging the battery is taking ages. It took more than 4 hours to charge. It just sucks!

gumblecosby

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

2 bugs I have noticed. One I can almost reproduce. The other, no.

1. Tapping the now playing song in the volume control drop down menu will re-open xbox music as intended but it resumes to a black screen on certain occasions. When this happens press the back button and the now playing screen should appear. I think you have to remove xbox music from the multitasking menu first. Then tap the now playing track in Volume Control. It doesn't always happen though.

2. In the podcast app the phone has restarted twice on me. Roughly what I was doing was downloading an episode and unsubscribing from a feed simultaneously.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

i have brightness toggle but when i change the brightness from high to low the toggle is not updating and showing high only

Sobralobo

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Unlike what I can see everywhere, my battery seems to have improved since yesterday I played all day with Cortana (setting the whole US thing though...) gps on, wifi on, synch on, etc and it lasted 10 hours. Usually I have everything off and my battery lasts like 2 days of light usage.

About bugs, sometimes animations stutter instead of being fluid, which looks weird. Dunno if bug or feature but sometimes going back closes the app and sometimes it doesn't, you have to close it manually from the multitask interface.
I didn't find anything else for now actually, even Cortana was working brilliantly even though she's not available for non-US people. :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz