Did anyone lose all outlook contacts??

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
So within the last half hour I seem to have lost all of my contacts from outlook.
When I look at text messages suddenly all I see are just phone numbers from people that have texted earlier but no name associated to text message even though earlier, there was. When I inspect further I see that I have contacts for Skype in Gmail but none for outlook.

Has this happened to anybody else?

When I view the people app on windows 10 pc, I do see the contacts in question.

Alcatel idol 4s
Build 10.0.15063.540

Last edited:

Ravimn Olsign

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: DId anyone lose all outlook contacts??

So within the last half hour I seem to have lost all of my contacts from outlook.
When I look at text messages suddenly all I see are just phone numbers from people that have texted earlier but no name associated to text message even though earlier, there was. When I inspect further I see that I have contacts for Skype in Gmail but none for outlook.

Has this happened to anybody else?

When I view the people app on windows 10 pc, I do see the contacts in question.

Alcatel idol 4s
Build 10.0.15063.540

Happened to me this morning. What the hell is happening?

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: DId anyone lose all outlook contacts??

I rebooted my phone, all my contacts are restored. Try the same let me know. Hope that's it. Certainly a ****ty thing to happen. Clearly something wrong on Microsofts end since my gmail contacts were unaffected.

Oh btw, even though I got my contacts back, I lost the custom text tones that I had configured ????????????

Last edited:

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
All my contacts imported from LinkedIn automatically went away, but I had them filtered so I didn't see them in my phone or in Outlook anyway.

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
That's been happening to me all year. After updates, after restarts, and randomly.

That's why after years of blind loyalty, I got Samsung S8.

Bottom line is, the platform is unsupported garbage now. I can't imagine why anyone would still be using Windows Phone.

With that said, when Surface phone, or whatever the next attempt is called, comes out I'll be the first to have it.

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I just got an s8. Really beautiful phone. Only issue is I cannot get my exchange email contacts in the contacts app. They are in the Outlook app. Any idea how this can be done?

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure there's a better way, but you could use the stock Samsung Mail app.
Add your account, but select not to sync it of you're using Outlook.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Today I found that the People live tile is dead and and does not show contact photos. Also names of some of my contacts are missing certain parts of the name in the list but when I tap on the contact name it is there correctly when that particular contact page opens.
It wasn't like this yesterday.
Edit - the live tile is working showing contact pictures again but the in- app problem of names in the list remains

Last edited:

boky69

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday my contacts over microsoft account missing. In people hub add same outlook account,and contacts is back. But,contacts from main microsoft account not work.

SeanContra

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone lose all outlook contacts??

Yes.
Reset my phone to factory settings and everything was fine last night.
Today, the problem is back.

Also, there's another thread here on the same thing so I guess a truckload of people are having trouble with this.

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Contacts is empty and my texts are showing mobile numbers not the contact name. I've restored to factory defaults 3 times now and each time it only lasts a few hours before happening again.

When I view my contacts settings it says requires attention but clicking on it does nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria