Disappointing...

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely disappointing .
No ffc , 512 mb rm , no ambient sensor , no flash , no cam shut button .
Just the flop of the year .

My wishlist =

(1) ffc 0.3 mp

(2) 768 mb of ram

(3) 6.7 mp cam with flash

(4) 720 p display

(5) 5 sensor atleast

(6) cam shut button

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
But somehow it's gonna be awesome with a capital A! Astounding! Instead of complaining about the state of affairs I'll try to sound excited. In other news I'm going to AT&T! I'm really excited about the options and more specifically the 1520.

Its really the best choice if you want all options. Way more WP choices and every international unlocks WP should work on At&t. Always have in the past for me.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, you guys are not the only ones disappointed with TMobile WP offerings. The latest they have currently is the L925, which is what I have. It's a great phone, but I would like something like the 1520.

The last few days I've been thinking to switch to ATT because of their WP offerings. TMobile has great service plans, but sucky/dated WP lineup, while ATT has great WP offerings, but terrible service plans.

My next JUMP upgrade is in July, I hope a new set up WP comes to TMobile besides the 6XX models that was announced.
If you buy phones outright like me At&t now only charges $25 a month for unlimited text and calling, then add data rather than the old $40. If its on contract its $40 plus data. For WP fans at&t is really a must if you want WP options. The other American carriers are too niche markets while at&t uses the international GSM standard. So even if other carriers improve at&t will always have the edge.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Its really the best choice if you want all options. Way more WP choices and every international unlocks WP should work on At&t. Always have in the past for me.

He decided he wasn't switching to AT&T at this time after all. We had a convo about it a few posts back. Priorities...

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you buy phones outright like me At&t now only charges $25 a month for unlimited text and calling, then add data rather than the old $40. If its on contract its $40 plus data. For WP fans at&t is really a must if you want WP options. The other American carriers are too niche markets while at&t uses the international GSM standard. So even if other carriers improve at&t will always have the edge.

And there is always Cricket now that AT&T bought them. All the AT&T phones work, and the Cricket plans are even cheaper than T-Mobile in most cases. Cricket's coverage through AT&T is now much better as well.
I have an AT&T 1020 on Cricket that's working great. no unlocking or other hackery needed.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
And there is always Cricket now that AT&T bought them. All the AT&T phones work, and the Cricket plans are even cheaper than T-Mobile in most cases. Cricket's coverage through AT&T is now much better as well.
I have an AT&T 1020 on Cricket that's working great. no unlocking or other hackery needed.

I love me some cricket. it's been a joy saving 40$ a month after leaving att.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm so disappointed as well. I would really like for them to get the 1320. I won't be getting it on T-Mobile their plans are too expensive. I'm on MetroPCS. So, whatever T-Mobile gets MetroPCS will also get too.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Let's see. .. Microsoft owns Skype and wants to integrate it in the OS, but approves a phone with no ffc.. interesting. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I believe that even WPCentral said that this phone was in the world before the acquisition between Nokia and Microsoft happened. So technically, this "is" the last phone Nokia "made". From now on any "Nokia" will be basically from Microsoft Mobile (which is basically the Nokia people).

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm so disappointed as well. I would really like for them to get the 1320. I won't be getting it on T-Mobile their plans are too expensive. I'm on MetroPCS. So, whatever T-Mobile gets MetroPCS will also get too.

just switch to cricket. the 1320 is 279$ and the service better than metropcs and tmobile

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Maceart

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone buying this phone is should consider other options the Lumia 810 is available on Ebay for $99 almost brand new:

New Other Nokia Lumia 810 T Mobile GSM Windows 8 Cell Phone Black Good IMEI 8GB 610214630803 | eBay

Seriously, this phone has no point even existing. Why did T-Mobile discontinue the 810 anyway; it was almost the perfect budget phone. A Lumia 810 slaughters the Lumia 635 in every way (more ram, faster GPU, faster CPU, better AMOLED screen, much better camera, LED FLASH, I can go on and on...)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasakinator

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The 810 doesn't have LTE.

True, but overall the phone is beast, I owned a Lumia 810 before my ATIVS, I'm even reconsidering going back since Sammy has not put any effort in supporting Win 8.1. Looking at the 635, I would rather wait for it to be at $79.99 to even consider it a backup device.

adam220891

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Have had a 521 for about 10 months. I would like to move up after the year mark (which would be December for this phone...first one went through the wash) but the 635 isn't a big enough upgrade. 4.5" screen @ 720p and I would ignore the lack of ffc or flash camera, but as it stands, no deal.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 521 in some water yesterday. It was getting wonky anyway and needed the paper shim for the battery to keep it from cutting off sometimes. I dried it out and its working again, but occasionally will restart. I've been mostly happy with the 521, except for the design flaw of putting the speaker too close to the microphone, which creates a bad echo (see the thread I started on that last year in the 521 forum if you are interested). I was thinking of getting the 635 for $129, but this thread is convincing me I would probably be better off with a new 521 for $60 from NewEgg (with coupon code). Anyone know if they put the speaker in a different place on the 635, or fixed the speaker phone echo some other way? I miss having a useable speaker phone.

Last edited:

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I also hope they fixed the loose battery problem that makes so many of the 520, 521, and several other lumias wonky.

Sasakinator

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I also hope they fixed the loose battery problem that makes so many of the 520, 521, and several other lumias wonky.

For 521 being a high regraded Windows Phone, it has the most bugs and defects, everyone I know is on their 3rd or 4th replacement. Thank the phone gods for replacement plans.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788