Does anyone have a Windows RT Recovery Drive for Dell XPS10

iPG13

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I received a laptop that someone ultimately had the idea to try to follow a YouTube video and clean their partition files. And yes I do mean they done it in the dumbest ways possible. But I am here since this is the only forum that can help me assist doing fixing all of this.

I am going to describe everything step by step,

I downloaded the newsgroup file made by Lobbie1978 the .nzb file.
Then I done the .txt and .bat files
I am going to download all of Memitim files

And this is where I get lost, I am siting here with all the files and ready to put on my USB flash drive so I can officially fix my 'ERROR: Unable to find boot. Press any key to shutdown' or something like that.

If anyone can help me, please walk me through. I am good with following instructions. But Lobbie's instructions doesn't make quite that much sense.

Thanks.

jceger

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I need to use your image file to restore my Dell XPS 10 Ultrabook from a USB. I have already downloaded the image file and upzipped it to my desktop. I see that the image file is in *.img format, but I'm not sure how to use it. Do I simply save it to a clean USB drive and then reboot my laptop to start the restore process? I'm thinking there is probably more to it than that. Can you provide additional instructions? I really appreciate your assistance. ~jceger

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I need to use your image file to restore my Dell XPS 10 Ultrabook from a USB. I have already downloaded the image file and upzipped it to my desktop. I see that the image file is in *.img format, but I'm not sure how to use it. Do I simply save it to a clean USB drive and then reboot my laptop to start the restore process? I'm thinking there is probably more to it than that. Can you provide additional instructions? I really appreciate your assistance. ~jceger

Read through the thread, the instructions and tools you need are all in the thread.

Also make sure you are using the 8.0 image I uploaded as the 8.1 image cannot be restored to the recovery partition to the tablet using the instructions in this thread as MS decided to change how the USB recovery images are created in 8.1.

moh safavi

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Memitim, you are a life saver, I forgot my Tablet password I didn't have no option to reset the Tablet, I USED YOUR IMAGE FILE that you posted here,and as soon as I connected my USB to the Tablet, I went to the recovery option and I was able to reset it.

Thank you
:smile:

Jody Nesbitt

May 25, 2013
Visit site
hi

for Lobbie1978,

Not sure if you are still monitoring this thread, but here goes

I am receiving one of these tomororw (Buy Asus Transformer Book Trio TX201LA Convertible Android Tablet & Windows 8 Laptop & Desktop Base, Dual Intel Core i5 & Atom Processors, 11.6" | John Lewis)

does this image work *exclusively* with the XPS 10 or will it work on a different ARM based tab ?, or ideally, dual boot

I have a Lenovo Twist and a XPS 10, but want to get rid of it (or both), if i can achieve the same out of a single device, ie:

Windows 8.1
Windows RT

and ideally leaving Android on it as well, but this is not that important, I'd rather have the 2 Windows versions.

thanks

Jody

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hi

for Lobbie1978,

Not sure if you are still monitoring this thread, but here goes

I am receiving one of these tomororw (Buy Asus Transformer Book Trio TX201LA Convertible Android Tablet & Windows 8 Laptop & Desktop Base, Dual Intel Core i5 & Atom Processors, 11.6" | John Lewis)

does this image work *exclusively* with the XPS 10 or will it work on a different ARM based tab ?, or ideally, dual boot

I have a Lenovo Twist and a XPS 10, but want to get rid of it (or both), if i can achieve the same out of a single device, ie:

Windows 8.1
Windows RT

and ideally leaving Android on it as well, but this is not that important, I'd rather have the 2 Windows versions.

thanks

Jody

The image will only work with the XPS10 as it won't have the correct drivers for other tablets, not sure if dual boot between RT and 8.1 is possible

Jody Nesbitt

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Memitim

Thanks for the response,

The device is actually a true 2 in 1, so in the laptop base (keyboard area) it has a i5 with 4GB ram, in the screen, it has a dual core Atom with 2GB. When you disconnect the screen from the base, it runs as a full tablet, completely independently.

Ill play with it when i get it to see if i can get Win installed on the screen part

Jody Nesbitt

May 25, 2013
Visit site
BTW, thanks for the recovery media, it allowed me to sell my XPS without a lot of hassle that i would have had if i had to manually wipe everything.

jpal13

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
yes, its over a year since you've uploaded this 8.1 image and yes, it still is useful and much appreciated.

thank you very much. I was able to bring the xps10 back from the dead :)

jpal13

bogdan86

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Memitim, Could you please be kind to reupload the recovery image for Windows RT 8 ? I have downloaded all the rar parts from your link but failed to extract them....they are damaged...

Archenique

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi.
I know is an old case but just tried to use your tutorial to rebuild my XPS 10 and found the problem with first command line " Type in: 'diskpart /s E:\CreatePartitions-UEFI.txt' .
Every time i type it in is giving me message "diskpart' is not reconized as an internal or external caommand,operable program or batch file
Can you help me please

Azirou Amar

May 22, 2016
Visit site
:unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat::unhappysweat:please send me a valis link to recovery image 8 or 8.1 rt dell xps 10 tablette

Azirou Amar

May 22, 2016
Visit site
yes just do
diisk part
list disk
select disk
clean
convert gpt
create partition primary
format quick fs=ntfs
exit
E:\CreatePartitions-UEFI
exit
it will create partitions
but do you have recovery image on other support ?

calterras

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks memetim, you saved my tablet.

My dell xps10 crashed 3 months ago and my recovery pendrive failed.

DELL support told me they had NO recovery image and asked me to contact Microsoft !
Microsoft told me that is manufacturer's responsability, so DELL should provide a solution.

I managed to download your links, merge, copy to pendrive and recover my OS.

by the way, the DELL's support service in spain is painful.

RizwanEllahi

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi There.

I am trying to repair my dell XPS 10 but I am unable to write image to USB. I have downloaded the image file and installed Win32DiskImager as you mentioned in the post but when i try to write the image file to USB USB turns into unreadable formate on the computer while image writer displays a success massage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy