Does the Dot View case fit flat?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased a blue Dot View case for the phone. It won't fit flat against the top surface of the phone. If the case is empty, it will fit properly and flat. I'm guessing the Windows Phone version of the HTC is 1 millimeter thicker than the Android version. That millimeter is enough to cause it to not sit flat which is really annoying.

I'm wondering if the official case fits better and whether there is a difference between the Windows Phone version of the case and the Android version of the case. My case was only $21 so I guess it's unofficial.

I'll take a picture of it later when I'm home. So disappointed. Everything else is great about it. Dot view works. Can see the temperature, the time, etc.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I have an official case and it fits perfectly. HTC don't sell cases specifically for the windows version so there isn't a size difference, just sounds like you got a poor knock off.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Here's what it looks like when the phone is not in the case. Edges fit perfectly:

uwDN6Cr.jpg
CvYNlNt.jpg

And here it is with the phone in the case. I think if the phone was a millimeter thinner, it would fold flat:

cYnEXCy.jpg
UvgeIpG.jpg

Case works great otherwise. Kind of neat how it looks different at night (with the colored background) versus the day (black background):
XB8Ev5w.jpg

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I assume the Microsoft Store is selling the official HTC. So either quality control is all over the place or the design doesn't have much tolerance for variation. I've had the phone in the case for awhile and it's not flattening out. I think I'm going to return it.

I was playing a podcast the other day. So cool to see the audio player controls on the cover and the track name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skuwal