Dragon's Dogma 2 hands-on preview: First impressions with this VERY clear game of the year contender

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Dragon's Dogma 2 launches on March 22, 2024, twelve years after the original. Dragon's Dogma is something of a cult franchise, misunderstood by some and overlooked by many — but for adherents, it represents some peak fantasy medieval RPG gameplay. It was ahead of its time in many ways, and the sequel looks set to continue that trend and extend Dragon's Dogma's legacy onward into a bright future.

Dragon's Dogma 2 hands-on preview: First impressions with this VERY clear game of the year contender : Read more

Stephen Blythe

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
@Jez Corden I've been trying to find a solid answer for this question everywhere and I read the review it sounds great but the only question I ask is the combat and game as difficult as dark souls, as I can't play those games my timing sucks so I just end up getting snuffed out a lot and give up its not fun 😕
I want to get the game but putting down over £60 is a lot if I can't play it 🤔

ChipBoundary

Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
@Jez Corden I've been trying to find a solid answer for this question everywhere and I read the review it sounds great but the only question I ask is the combat and game as difficult as dark souls, as I can't play those games my timing sucks so I just end up getting snuffed out a lot and give up its not fun 😕
Dark Souls games aren't hard. They just have badly designed control schemes. Almost no game is as "hard" as Dark Souls because they are designed better. I can't speak for this game, but I played the first one and it was nothing like Dark Souls. Trust me, the issue isn't you. I've beaten the first two, and played significant portions of their other games, and they just aren't fun to play. They're tedious and annoying, not difficult.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
i realise this is a bit late now! but the combat is not as hard as dark souls. you can grind and over-level things. keep your equipment updated as much as possible. youre also not really punished for getting killed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital