Dust under the front camera lumia 920

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Pick up today the guy said that it fine with the dust as well as the light and doesn't think they would do anything if I sent it straight to Nokia which I agreed with him.

And I couldn't bare without my phone for one day so I don't how I would cope. :smile:

RyanKennedy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My phone has horrific dust under the camera... but from this thread I've heard mixed results. So 3 Questions:

1) If I exchange with AT&T, will I get a new or refurbished 920?
2) Can I change the color I have?
3) If they are refurbished, how have the refurbished phones compared to the new ones both in durability and original quality?

Thanks in advance.

izik770

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Pick up today the guy said that it fine with the dust as well as the light and doesn't think they would do anything if I sent it straight to Nokia which I agreed with him.

And I couldn't bare without my phone for one day so I don't how I would cope. :smile:
use dust off spray to remove it. it helps for few weeks

gamenlegend

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My phone has horrific dust under the camera... but from this thread I've heard mixed results. So 3 Questions:

1) If I exchange with AT&T, will I get a new or refurbished 920?
2) Can I change the color I have?
3) If they are refurbished, how have the refurbished phones compared to the new ones both in durability and original quality?

Thanks in advance.
1)Mine was new.
2)Warranty Support said I could pick whichever color I wanted.
3)No answer.

j i AmnesiAc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Thought I would share my experience so far with this issue. I am on my 6th 920 (not including the 3 AT&T sent me that had defects and had to be returned the same day) :shocked:

After going through my first 3 with AT&T (because of this issue and others) I held off a bit on returning it again as I was past the 15 days. I contacted AT&T and they sent out a replacement (referb). The first one had dust under the screen, the second had dead pixels and the third was the wrong color :angry:. I'm surprised some say that they got a new device from AT&T as I was told this was not possible. Funny thing is my wife received a NIB device from AT&T after her first one would not charge wirelessly. Figures that hers has never had the dust issue (Hers is the red model, mine is white). I gave up with them, after giving one of their managers an ear full, and contacted Nokia directly.

Nokia requested I send the phone in for repair, fair enough. Sent the phone in a got it back in about 10 days with a note saying they could not recreate the issue :confused:....called back and had the issue escalated. After about two weeks got a call from their 'recovery team' saying they would send out a new device. Got the new device and after about a week, dust again. Started the process all over again but this time insisted, due to my previous experience, that they send a new device instead of sending it in for repair. They obliged and sent a new device. A week or two later, more dust. Third time...called, they send another new device. Got the new device this Wednesday....dust today.

At this point I'm thinking of just giving up....after having many issues with the L920 and my L900 my faith in Nokia is going down the toilet. It is sad as I love the device otherwise. I know the dust issue may be minor however I expect more from a company who is trying to stay competitive/afloat in this market.

I should note that my most recent device is model 920.2 with a date of 061112. Seems like the smart thing to do would be for Nokia to got through their current stock and repair the phones before sending out the replacements. I'm sure they are wasting money on the back and forth users are doing trying to get a defective free device.

Might still call them today, I'll share if I do. Wish me luck...

dv720

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone from Australia with experience from Telstra/Nokia Australia? I'm trying to work out who I should talk to and what the best approach would be.

Very disappointed with Nokia quality this time. My sensor has been affected to the point where my screen stays blank when I'm on a call and I cannot even hang up. I've been stuck on voicemail and telephone menus for several minutes!

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well mine getting pick up on Monday by UPS and hopefully they will fix the light leakage and dust in the ffc.

The person who chatted to on nokia support online was very helpful showed a picture I taken of the light and said they would fix the dust issues.

Promaker

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I just blew air in there and it worked. Not trough the earpiece but trough the thin line just above the front camera. Got rid of the dust particles and the quality of the pictures taken with the camera got so much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss