Edge on Creators Update (16299.19) - painfully slow/sluggish/maddening

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Edge was running fine post update until this week. This week it has been complete garbage. Opening is delayed, clicking a tab is a 5+ second wait, searching in the bar has 1 character per second displayed.

Once you get to a site and navigate the site, things are OK. Anytime you perform an action on the Edge browser (new tab, Favorites bar, options, back button) the sluggish behavior is front and center.

Multiple posts have appeared on MS Answers to no avail.

Only 2 updates have been installed since the big release (KB4049179 - Flash Player and KB4041994 - ?). I've disabled extensions, cleared cache, moved cache, cursed, drank a few beers, and then loaded up Chrome.

Anyone have any ideas and/or experiencing the same thing since installing Fall Creators Update?

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
The issue is gone. No updates were installed and no tinkering was performed. The only thing that happened was Comcast decided to forget my modem and I had to re-register it with them today. Since then, Edge has been working just fine!

gwinegarden

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Edge tends to eat my CPU. Quad core desktop, 3 GHz and 12 GB of memory. Just sitting here on this forum and CPU utilization, for Edge goes up as high as 45%!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria