ESPN Scorecenter app not updating.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Scores on the live tile have not updated in 3 days. I have unpinned the app, changed teams, etc...still stuck on top of 1st of a baseball game from 3 days ago. What the heck?

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue. Anybody have a trick to get this to update better? I have my alerts setup in ESPN but the tile is not updating consistantly

weareinfinite

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
The live tile has never worked properly for me (just like you're describing. It might show a score at the beginning of a game, but it doesn't update, and it will STILL show the same score days later). I'd like to hear if it works for anyone...

rlshky

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been working.i have it set to show the scores of my favorite hockey team. It updates periodically throughout the games

weareinfinite

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
OK so I just uninstalled, reinstalled, and plugged in my favorite team. The live tile then showed a score from six days ago, as if the game were still in progress (top of the 8th inning).

Do you think that some sports work better than others? This is wack. I'll happily continue to use SportsScores until the app gets updated (if it ever does? =/ ).

Napalm Frog

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine works. I just need to make sure I open the app (then close it) after I reboot the phone, or it won't give me toasts and realtime livetile updates. Only had to reinstall to fix other apps having this problem.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have another issue with this app - when looking at the box score of a basketball game - today's mavericks / celtics. I check the the mavericks players but it only shows the 5 players on the floor but there is a link to show the bench, the setting ... is covering it and when I try to slide it up to click on it I can't. Does anybody else have this issue?

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
OK so I just uninstalled, reinstalled, and plugged in my favorite team. The live tile then showed a score from six days ago, as if the game were still in progress (top of the 8th inning).

Do you think that some sports work better than others? This is wack. I'll happily continue to use SportsScores until the app gets updated (if it ever does? =/ ).

For football and basketball the tile has always showed the score 0-0 at the very beginning of the game. It would then show the halftime score and the final score. There has never been consistent progress updates throughout the games for me.

For baseball, the live tile is actually a dead tile. It shows 0-0, top of the 1st inning. It never updates beyond that. Oftentimes it will just stay stuck on the same game for days. I've tried the uninstall-reinstall thing a couple of times. I've tried going into the app and opening the game boxscore, etc while games are in progress. No change.

I like the app itself...it looks nice and has good information. The live tile? Worthless. Absolutely worthless.

weareinfinite

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
That's really interesting - thanks a lot for this info. Sadly I really just want the live tile for baseball, so I guess I'll keep using other apps for that. Like you say, ESPN ScoreCenter is a nice app otherwise - I find myself using it fairly often. It's too bad the live tile isn't good for baseball.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku