Fellow HTC TITAN 2 owners

dante501

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Those are the biggest drawbacks for Titan 2, no support from HTC or AT&T. It's also the reason I'll be going Nokia for my next phone. I do like the look & features of the AtivS (screen size, removable battery & expanded memory) but no apps or upgrades from Samsung either). I'm probably going to wait and see if 7.8 comes along (fingers crossed) for the Titan 2, if not probably the 920.
True sadly Samsung and HTC didnt do much in the US to upgrade their devices but then again i wonder if it is more Carrier issue since the international Titan and also the Samsung omnia w got updated to 7.8 and also the HTC Radar adn Mozart and the HTC HD7 so yeah the international once got it. And i think it is ridicolous that one of the finnest WP7 phones never got an update the TITAN 2. And true Nokia probably gets all the Updates. i still gonna go with the Ativ S since it is in most Reviews the Best Windows 8 Handset and the Screen size alone plus the Removable battery and memory is just something you cant go without and sinze the Ativ S is gonna be around 100 Euros less then the Lumia 920 plus has a bigger screen and the removable storage and battery it would be almost crazy not to go with it at least here in Europe where updates not controlled by Carriers.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
True sadly Samsung and HTC didnt do much in the US to upgrade their devices but then again i wonder if it is more Carrier issue since the international Titan and also the Samsung omnia w got updated to 7.8 and also the HTC Radar adn Mozart and the HTC HD7 so yeah the international once got it. And i think it is ridicolous that one of the finnest WP7 phones never got an update the TITAN 2. And true Nokia probably gets all the Updates. i still gonna go with the Ativ S since it is in most Reviews the Best Windows 8 Handset and the Screen size alone plus the Removable battery and memory is just something you cant go without and sinze the Ativ S is gonna be around 100 Euros less then the Lumia 920 plus has a bigger screen and the removable storage and battery it would be almost crazy not to go with it at least here in Europe where updates not controlled by Carriers.

See this is one if the reasons why I don't get Microsoft's pricing and how they handle things. International Titan 2 and Samsung Omnia got updates and received Tango. Here in the U.S., AT&T literally sat on the update and never released it that's why some had to root it and some either got it way later or never at all. Carriers dictate the phones here for some odd reason which I feel gives a bad interpretation to the company than to the carrier. In Europe it seems phones have more freedom with updates and calling their own shots.

Lastly, the pricing structure is weird as well. Here the Lumia 920 is cheaper
At $449.00 off contract which I believe is $100.00 cheaper than the 8X. And is unknown with the Ativ S. So I'm guessing it's market depending.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Lastly, the pricing structure is weird as well. Here the Lumia 920 is cheaper
At $449.00 off contract which I believe is $100.00 cheaper than the 8X. And is unknown with the Ativ S. So I'm guessing it's market depending.

The $449 is still subsidized, Nokia is doing this to get it into more hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria