Firmware Update Brings Double Tap to Wake to 950

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Received OTA Anniversary update at 06:00am (UK) today on my Lumia 950.
Mobile appears to be more responsive than before. Noticed I now have double tap to wake, and the edge browser appears to load sites slightly faster.
Once I've had more time to check out how the AU is running, I'll post the good and the bad I've found.

vishalrao

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to re-confirm with folks .... MS has only talked about AU for desktop, right? Have they also confirmed AU date as Aug 2nd for mobile??? I think folks are jumping the gun and are presuming both are releasing together, when in fact, mobile might be released a bit later (to resolve remaining known issues like bluetooth)?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, it's for all devices, but probably not until Redmond wakes up and has their first coffee.

The latest update for desktop is a cumulative update for Slow and Fast ring PC only.

This is why I've asked for the OS version.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
This is the last Threshold build (494), NOT the Anniversary one. It would be more like ...14393.5 or 14393.10, if you got the additional cumulative update that just came out this evening for desktop (it's not clear to me if mobile will get this tomorrow as well).
It'll be curious to see how fast OTA rolls, I"m sure much faster than desktop ;-]

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
It appears then that I've jumped the gun. I didn't think that double tap to wake was in a cumulative update, and thought being 2nd of August I had been one of the first to receive the AU. Thanks all for the clarification, and my apologies.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Double tap would be a firmware update, which may or may not come at the same time as an OS update.

The Double Tap update would be indicated by a MICROSOFTMDG update in the phone update screen.

dozer167a

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Double tap would be a firmware update, which may or may not come at the same time as an OS update.

The Double Tap update would be indicated by a MICROSOFTMDG update in the phone update screen.

Yes Pete, that's exactly what appeared when I received the update. Thank's for the clarification.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Good. You had a firmware update that enabled Double Tap to wake and improved the WiFi stability.

OS update will be a separate download.

Looks like there's some hope that 950XL owners in the UK might get the firmware as well.

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Joined the release preview ring in insider program and immediately received AU with OS version 14393.5
After that update i made hard reset. Happy with this update so far. Phone wont get so hot anymore and there is some new features and lets see how the battery lasts now!

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Can my 950 remain in an Insider Ring to receive the Anniversary update?
I just switched from Preview to the Slow ring. Should I be in a specific ring?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can my 950 remain in an Insider Ring to receive the Anniversary update?
I just switched from Preview to the Slow ring. Should I be in a specific ring?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich
The Anniversary update/candidate to be the update was pushed to Insider rings already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di