Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Right after the phone reboots from the volume down + power button trick right away hold volume up. I get the lightning/gears pic which I am gathering is the firmware restore mode.

pikablu0530

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know, I've tried that 15 times now, doesn't work. Just fails and pops up to try again.

The first time you do this you'll get the lightning/gears pic, this is when the drivers should be installing on your computer. After driver finishes installing, then you'll have to repeat the process and hold Volume Down + power button again, the phone will shut down, and as soon as you feel the vibration while booting up, hit "Retry" in Nokia Care Suite. At the same time, on your phone switch to holding the Volume Up button whilst it's booting up. Wait for around 15-30 seconds until you see the Nokia logo slightly switched upwards, and the Nokia Care Suite will say "Rebooting" and then onto flashing the firmware.

Brad Jackson1

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Nokia suite will not install. Tried everything. Windows 7 computer and windows 8. Installed the vc++ and uninstalled and reinstalled on both computers. Tried everything in this forum but everytime it says nokia suite was interrupted every time and if I hit retry it says cant download. Anybody kno what the problem is? Would like to try this but cant even get it to download. I thot this was gonna be a easy process but cant even get past the second step. Please help!!!

siddwpc

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
@itxjobe

In a little bit different topic but staying on the flashing conversation
.What about if you install the global version on an AT&T device. Will it make it unlocked. I was checking the files when i was downloading them and in the AT&T version there is one that says NPW8_WP8_ATT_US_simlock etc. I guess that the file that keeps the phone locked to AT&T. But if you go the Global version the file says NPW8_simlock_open_WP8 etc. What about if you download both files and replaced the AT&T one with the Global and flash your phone. Does it make it unlocked. Or download the whole Global files and install them in the AT&T phone. I mean this is like flashing a different ROM and some of us are familiar with flashing ROMS. Similar method is the one that we use to flash the T-mobile HTC HD7 with the Custom ROMS made with the european version of the phone. Thanks again and i'm pretty sure that this is the first step into hacking this phone to install Custom Roms

Bump!
Can flashing unlock a device from the carrier?

krodha

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share my reset experience post portico update. I switched from Rogers to Fido and decided to try do a reset to try to get my network settings cleared up. Went into settings, about and selected reset. Device rebooted and got the gears screen. Waited. Waited some more. Remembered some passing mention of reset issues. Searched here and panicked. After 40+ minutes figured I needed to go through this reflash process. Tried to reboot and it just came back to the gears screen. Connected the device via usb to my computer and started downloading the flashing tools. I noticed my computer was searching for drivers to connect. Looked over at my 920 and it was rebooting. Thought that was odd and next thing I know it was at the welcome screen. So either connecting via usb helped or the reset takes on the order of an hour (and seems to handle impatient people rebooting after 40min). I never got the flashing software installed after downloading since I was running into the VC++ redistributable problem some have mentioned in this thread.

ish86

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Just letting you guys know I successfully flashed the 920 , I had the German rom which did not include APN settings , with those settings missing I could not send MMS's .
I changed the rom to RM821_1232.2109.1242.1001_RETAIL_apac_vietnam_231_01_102109_prd_signed and now successfully sent my first mms without even having to set the APN settings . I did realize that 4G is missing , although I don't use it as yet . If I plan to use 4g I will flash the rom again to the Singtel APAC rom.

Thanks for your instructions and also a tip to others It took me a week to do it . I kept getting errors such as "rom is corrupt" with several other roms , I researched and finally got it working.

thanks

xilammalix

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had this problem with a T-Mobile Lumia 810? I did a master reset on the first one I got to play with at work, and the phone bricked itself. Its stuck on the T-Mobile screen then shows a low battery icon.

chillHILLWPC

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Having a hard time finding a goodsite to download the Nokia Care Suite 5.0 2012.45.4.5 can oneone please send me a goodlink for download? Thanks

Shattered

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I Need some help guys. Yesterday, I saw that I was getting text messages, but I didn't hear any tune and the phone didn't vibrate. I Check my volume, it was at 30/30. I Noticed, when I tried to but it down, it went straight back up to 30, like the volume up button was stuck. That was weird. I Thought; Maybe it's a bug. I Listened to music with my 920 for the first time that day (with earbuds), and maybe it had something to do with that. I turned the phone off and on again > Bricked. Only the lightning bulb and the gear will appear. I Googled a lot and I saw this thread.

I Tried to flash the device, but I couldn't start the flashing :(, it didn't find my device. I was trying a lot and suddenly, BOOM. It booted. I Was happy at first, but then I saw my volume going back up from 0 to 30. Whut? So the volume button is still 'stuck'. Tried rebooting again > Bricked. When I try to reboot a couple of times (volume down + power), I sometimes get in, but most of the time I don't.

Should I still flash my device? What is this? The device is brand new ..... :/

Oh; I'm in belgium, but I bought the lumia in France (like 200km away). I Bought it in a phonehouse. Will I be able to take it back to a Phonehouse in Belgium?

Shattered

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the double post, but I went to Nokia Care, filled in the forms and I'm going to send it to them. They should fix this.

Questions; Will they act stupid because I bought the phone in france, and not in belgium (I'm sending the phone to the nokia care point in Belgium).

Wizard 920

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
hi.......i want to update my Black Lumia 920 to PR1_1 PORTICO.
My phone is unlocked. can anyone suggest me what ROM i should use. i bought the phone in Indonesia.

My phone details are:
Manufacturer Model Name: RM-821_apac_indonesia_311
Mobile Operator Name: 000-ID
Configuration ID: 111236

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital