Fix for bricked 920's after reset. Flash Process defined inside!

SamSchoemann

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
New to the forum, but if anyone can help out id appreciate it. My yellow lumia has been bricked for over a week. i got all these steps done on how to unbrick my phone. And when i get done with flashing the firmware to my phone, it goes to the nokia screen then to the AT&T start up screen and then back to the nokia screen and keeps repeating itself. also goes to the battery charging screen every once in awhile to. I have tried a soft reset and a hard reset since the flash. Any ideas?

Fellipe Abib

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Navifirm..
Estou encontrando todas as firmwares.. estou com medo de atualizar ainda pelo flash.. hehehe
uso o rm-820 (AT&T) e queria s? atualizar para tirar a logo da AT&T.. ficar sem "operadora"

7Sonny

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully somebody can help me with this. I installed Nokia Care Suite and downloaded the firmware I needed (CV NL RED). When I try to start the flashing itself I select open product --> RM-821 --> programming --> recovery. The system automatically detects the firmware in the package folder. When I click start I get a window with 'Verification of data package integrity' and after a while a new window with the 'RETRY' button. I then connect the phone and tried the power and volume down buttons. The phone gives a vibra and then the nokia care suite should pick up the phone.. But no whether what I try, the care suite does not pick up the phone. I tried the power and volume down button and then the volume up button, and the power and volume down button only, but no success.. Any tips for that? If I use the method with the volume up button I get the lightning gear symbol on my 920 and when I use the power/volume down method only, it only shows me the 'cog wheels' again..

I tried both online and offline mode for the care suite..

Who is able to help me??

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Use the volume up button to get it into the mode with the gear and the lightning bolt. Then connect it to your computer and launch the Product Support Tool from the Nokia Suite. It may not auto-detect it, but go to the File > Open Product menu and select your phone from there. If you selected the right product and downloaded the right firmware, the Programming > Recovery option should work.

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to those who provided updated information on the flashing process. Decided to reset the phone after my "other" storage jumped from 10GB to 21GB for no apparent reason, leaving me with only 3GB free. I was stuck on the spinning gears for 3 hours. Thankfully the re-flash worked successfully. I think it's time to look at some Android phones ...

Craig Montgomery

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
These phones are still under warranty. So if you don't feel like spending hours of your time downloading tools, flashing, etc. take it to an AT&T store that has a Device Support Center. They are aware of the issue and will either reflash your phone or give you a replacement. That's what I did, and I walked out with a like-new replacement 920 in about 30 minutes.

rajaleidja

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My phone is also bricked and everytime i try to flash it, it says:

0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed for this device.

What to do now. My phone is bought outside EU and im now in EU country and fu*king nokia says, that then warranty does not count.... like wtf... :( Phone is like 3months old...

retro_to_biggy58

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
guys what do you mean by

0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed

or not signed for this device.

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.MurzimProgrammingException: 0xFA001106:

Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed

for this device.

at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at

Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariant

PackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

i got this when i flashed my lumia 925.thank you

retro_to_biggy58

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone is also bricked and everytime i try to flash it, it says:

0xFA001106: Signature check of FFU file fails. Reason(s): The FFU file is not correctly signed or not signed for this device.

What to do now. My phone is bought outside EU and im now in EU country and fu*king nokia says, that then warranty does not count.... like wtf... :( Phone is like 3months old...

Bro, i have you manage to flash your phone? ty

nzrocketman

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
im getting a error which says

"DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80070003. ."

what does that mean

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skuwal