Fondling the Band 2 with Photos + Hot Tip

jdyer55

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I finally went by the MS Store tonight to check it out.
I love my band 1, wear it everyday, and was really looking forward to upgrading. However, after spending some quality time with it, now I'm not so sure.
The new display, gorilla glass, and curved, form fitting nature of the screen is excellent, but it's as if they took all the complaints about the band 1 display not fitting well and moved it to the clasp.
I have small wrist and wear the screen on the inside, so I really liked the small discreet black clasp on the original, it's what is most visible.
The huge, ugly, silver clasp on the display model was already scratched to hell and I don't want to put a "sticker" on my band to protect it. Band 2 is also wider than the original, and the rubber is now grey instead of black.
Combine that with no significant software or feature upgrades, and I don't know that I'll be parting with my $250.00 for this iteration.

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site
If you're confident with doing it, I reckon a few thinly painted layers of plasti-dip glossifier would stop too many scratches from forming on the clasp. It's what some automotive folks use to protect their headlights from scratches, and when you come to sell the band, you can simply peel the plasti-dip off.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, the wife and I had business in a town with MS kiosk. They originally were only going to give us $39 credit towards the Band 2. But we left the kiosk for a bit and went back so my 9yr old could watch some gaming and one of the managers approached me and told me she could get us $79 credit. Needless to say, we both are rocking new Band 2's. So far they both are performing great.

For reference, I had to go down a size. If at all possible I recommend trying them on in store before buying.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, the wife and I had business in a town with MS kiosk. They originally were only going to give us $39 credit towards the Band 2. But we left the kiosk for a bit and went back so my 9yr old could watch some gaming and one of the managers approached me and told me she could get us $79 credit. Needless to say, we both are rocking new Band 2's. So far they both are performing great.

For reference, I had to go down a size. If at all possible I recommend trying them on in store before buying.

A $79 credit isn't too bad. I may consider this. Thanks for the info.

DroidUser42

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
A $79 credit isn't too bad. I may consider this. Thanks for the info.
$75 is excellent. That essentially is current retail for a new Band 1 (if you could find one). While some people have gotten those deals, others have not been so lucky. It seems to depend on the store manager - not Microsoft.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
$75 is excellent. That essentially is current retail for a new Band 1 (if you could find one). While some people have gotten those deals, others have not been so lucky. It seems to depend on the store manager - not Microsoft.

You are correct. The manager first told us she could only give us $39 credit. We talked quite a bit to the reps, then moved on to a store. My son wanted go back to the kiosk and watch/play some on the Xbox One. She approached me and said she just saw that the prices on the Band 1 had gone back up and could give us the $79 on each. We tried to get $99 for them but she wouldn't budge :excited: We both ended up trading in and we both are extremely pleased with ver 2. If anyone is thinking about getting ver 2, I recommend it.

As far as the silver clasp, we don't think they are as bad at all. It's no bigger than some watches I used to wear. You really need to see/wear it to get an honest assessment of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria