For those that have struggled like me to leave

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile behind and dabble with an Android device, I highly recommend the Square Home launcher. I really miss not using Windows for my daily driver but this launcher is REALLY close to giving you that home screen feel from Windows.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Squarehome is pretty good it does emulate Windows enough to give the feel at first.

I was using SQ2 for a while (paid version) ended up returning to Nova Prime for the customization and gestures.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I tried it with 4.5" low-end 'test' phone and sort of liked it quite much. With 5.2" 'use for real' phone it didn't look or work quite the way I wanted, so I went with Arrow launcher. No tiles but vertical start screens, reminders and recent side-by-side. Notification counts work also for apps in folders.

I wanted to use Next lock screen as well. It works with finger print sensor but still the way they work together somehow irritates me too much ;)

Neill Baldwin

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I wonder what it is with the 5.2 screen? My s7 edge has a 5.5 screen and it looks pretty great. I tried Arrow launcher and although I liked some features, I couldn't get use to it. Right note I just stay with Square Home 2 and Nova.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've never been one to make one platform look like another platform.

I've used Linux for many years in addition to Windows. I know some people customise their Linux desktop and make it look more like Windows. I do customise Linux, but in and of itself, not to make it resemble Windows.

For that reason, I customise Android, but don't try to make it look like Windows 10 Mobile.

Here's my Android home screen.

4bb892491ca66d559fb594640b64420e.jpg

Widget is Beautiful Widgets Happy Weather. Icons are Lines. Wallpaper is Yes "Fragile" which I got from CrackBerry. I'm using Nova Launcher and have the notification bar hidden.

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've never been one to make one platform look like another platform.

I've used Linux for many years in addition to Windows. I know some people customise their Linux desktop and make it look more like Windows. I do customise Linux, but in and of itself, not to make it resemble Windows.

For that reason, I customise Android, but don't try to make it look like Windows 10 Mobile.

Here's my Android home screen.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161118/4bb892491ca66d559fb594640b64420e.jpg

Widget is Beautiful Widgets Happy Weather. Icons are Lines. Wallpaper is Yes "Fragile" which I got from CrackBerry. I'm using Nova Launcher and have the notification bar hidden.
First of all and most importantly I love the Yes wallpaper. :) secondly try the Arrow launcher from Microsoft garage. I absolutely love it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
First of all and most importantly I love the Yes wallpaper. :) secondly try the Arrow launcher from Microsoft garage. I absolutely love it.
Thanks!

I'll pass on arrow launcher, though. I don't like a homescreen cluttered with a bunch of icons.

fpena911

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I moved to Android about 45 days ago and discovered the Square Launcher a little over a week ago.

I spent about 30 minutes with both my 950 and the Android phone in hand and replicated the layout I had on my Windows phone. So now it feels almost like home on the new device. The biggest thing I miss are the live tiles as these are static with the exception of the few widgets that they include in the app.

Overall I'm pretty happy. It still isn't as crisp and clean as the MS version but pretty darn close.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf