For those who bought in store...question about free charger

ItsVictorB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So I bought my 920 at the AT&T store o launch day. I had to tell the employee helping my about the free charger cause he didn't know anything about it. He eventually looked it up online and was telling me to go to the Nokia site and enter my details to get it. That is when his manger stepped in and told him that they were doing direct fulfillment and that he needed to enter my info himself and they would ship it out to me.

It's not marked on my receipt and I haven't received an e-mail telling me info about it.

So for those of you who did it in store, is it on your receipt? How soon did you receive an e-mail for the shipping/order confirmation?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Foley

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I bought mine Friday at an ATT store in San Diego. They had the free charger promotion marked near the price tag. The sales guy was well aware of it. The manager did have to "approve" it and I got a separate receipt as I had to do a separate transaction for it. He just discounted the phone $49 and rang me up for the charger. He said they will charge my card when it's shipped and and I got an email about the order that day.

cancerkilla23

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get my L920 in store, but I had a similar type issue from ordering it online (the charger wasn't even available, and not marked on my receipt. I did just receive the following email from AT&T though.

"Thank you for your recent purchase from AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service.
As you may have heard, for a limited time AT&T is running a promotion for a free Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate with orders of the Nokia Lumia 920. The charging plate should have been shown as included when you placed your order.

The charging plate accessory will be shipped in a separate order at no charge.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team"

Received this 1 hour ago. I'd check your email...and if you don't hear anything soon then call AT&T in a couple of days. You still have your receipt from the store, they should be able to track all the necessary info from that. Hope that helps!

rkgriffin

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you go to an "Official" AT&T store and not just a auth reseller? Official stores had free charger ads listed all over the place. The sales people were well aware of it. Pretty sure the promotion is only good in AT&T stores.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I went to an official ATT store and they were somewhat in the dark about it. After talking to them about it she went ahead and ordered for me. She put my information in and I received an e-mail saying I would get an confirmation e-mail when it ships.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought at an AT&T store and they told me I would get a free charger whenever they got some in stock, and to just check back with them from time to time. They seemed to have no idea when they would be receiving them. I actually called today and they didn't have any chargers, or additional shipment information.

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought 2 in store and had them order 3 me on Friday. They did not have any charging Plates, but were aware that they needed to order them for me. They did some paperwork and I have 5 on the way.

My Rep had not yet been to training, he implied that he felt the release date was originally to be the 16th and felt this was sudden and rushed.

ItsVictorB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you go to an "Official" AT&T store and not just a auth reseller? Official stores had free charger ads listed all over the place. The sales people were well aware of it. Pretty sure the promotion is only good in AT&T stores.

It was an Official AT&T store. My rep had no clue about it, so that is why I'm still doubting that he did everything he needed to even after his manager told him what to do.

How long did y'all wait for the confirmation via e-mail? It looks like I'm going to have to go back down there this week if I don't receive some notification within the next few days.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
It was an Official AT&T store. My rep had no clue about it, so that is why I'm still doubting that he did everything he needed to even after his manager told him what to do.

How long did y'all wait for the confirmation via e-mail? It looks like I'm going to have to go back down there this week if I don't receive some notification within the next few days.

went in friday to buy the phone, still waiting on confirmation. with the day of observance i am not expecting miracles

DrSaiko

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I went to an official ATT store at Queens center mall, the guy didn't have a clue about the free wireless charger. But he placed the order right away, I received an email soon after.

ItsVictorB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I went to an official ATT store at Queens center mall, the guy didn't have a clue about the free wireless charger. But he placed the order right away, I received an email soon after.

That's interesting that some folks are getting their e-mails the same day, while others haven't gotten anything.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Got my confirmation email before I even got home from the store. The charging plate has already shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday via USPS. I think if you didn't receive the email that same day that you should ask about it.

ItsVictorB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Got my confirmation email before I even got home from the store. The charging plate has already shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday via USPS. I think if you didn't receive the email that same day that you should ask about it.

*sigh*...This always happens to me. When here is some sort of promo or giveaway, it never goes smoothly for me. I guess I'm not surprised seeing as how my rep was so sure of himself that the chargers where already sold out.

I'll call the store later on today and report back with what I hear.

mamilo1

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: reply

I bought mine Friday at an ATT store in San Diego. They had the free charger promotion marked near the price tag. The sales guy was well aware of it. The manager did have to "approve" it and I got a separate receipt as I had to do a separate transaction for it. He just discounted the phone $49 and rang me up for the charger. He said they will charge my card when it's shipped and and I got an email about the order that day.
This is the same thing that they did with me. A separate receipt for the charger and discounting the $49 out of the phone price. I also got an email confirmation of my order that day. However, I keep checking my order status and it still In Progress.

mamilo1

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: reply

This is what happened to me. However, my charger has not yet arrived and checking my order status says that it is In Progress.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di