[Free App] Sequencer

Korhaan

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Just would like to mention my new app, Sequencer. The app is a step sequencer that lets you make beats on your phone. The first version of the app has a 35 sample drum kit sound pack. Samples are adjustable and support pitch shift of two octaves (one up, one down). Next version will include some bug fixes as well as a new sound pack with some instruments like guitars and pianos. Here is a screenshot of the app in action:

screenshot-2.png

Hope you like it. Also, please let me know if you have any feedback or would like any features added to the app.

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Pretty cool, I like the retro look. Although I have a similar app in the market, so by default I have to not like it as much as mine! :)

Korhaan

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Latest sequencer updates

It?s been a few versions since I posted information on updates, so here?s some info. Since the first post there have been two updates to Sequencer. The version 1.1 update included another sound pack with instruments like guitars, violins, saxophones, and clarinets. There was also an improvement to sound mixing. (It used to make a lot of static when more than a few sounds were playing simultaneously)

Also, I have been working on the 1.2.1 update over the last couple months, and it is finally available in the marketplace. The update adds ?synth mode? which allows you to use a three oscillator synthesizer in a channel instead of the recorded sounds. There are 12 different waveforms you can select from for now, with settings for frequency as well as detuning. There is also a ?unison mode? that will make an oscillator play three detuned waveforms. This mode is limited to simply on/off right now, but it still helps add some richness to the synthesized sounds. With all three oscillators using unison, there are nine active waveforms which when tweaked can sound sort of like a chorus effect.

If you aren?t familiar with sound synthesis, you can still get some good use out of the 1.2.1 update. There are 35 presets included that will automatically configure the synthesizer for some unique sounds.

A few more additions include:
Channel level volume settings with mute and solo.
Tap to increment/decrement sliders

Some screenshots:
wpcentral-screen-1.png

wpcentral-screen-2.png

wpcentral-screen-3.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di