FYI: MS Band (1st Gen) + Lumia 950 = reset Band

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I am not sure if this the norm when you change phones, unique to the 950 or expected when going from WP8.1 to WM10, but I had to reset my Band to factory defaults for Text and Email alerts to come through.

It would sync and I could customize it, but alerts would never appear.

If you're having some challenges with the two, try resetting your Band.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Simply deleting the Bluetooth profile fixed that for me but it continued to have other problems. Cortana wouldn't work, meaning that the phone would ignore the Band when I sent a voice command. The second problem was that my phone would keep ringing even when I told the Band to ignore the call.

So I did the factory reset on the Band, uninstalled the Health app and profile. If it's done anything it's to make things worse. Now the Band gets stuck trying to connect when I bring up the keyboard.

Oddly, the Health app continues to work so I think it's the phone refusing to communicate with the Band. Communication going the other direction seems fine.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Factory Reset of Band and Band 2 when switching them to another phone for pairing is a known condition... That should be the fix.

IDK about having to uninstall, reinstall Health. I swap Band 1 between two phones and a Factory Reset of Band does it.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes you have to hard reset the band to work on 950. Its working with mine now after doing that and connecting the app. But honestly the thing is so damn finicky with connections. I usually have at least 2 devices connected Bluetooth and the band barely stays connected. Still love this thing though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di