gdr1 update problem

naggy31

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I am using 1520, recently updated to gdr1 through dev preview, since then my games have become really really laggy (MC5 etc)
Also I am having severe wifi issues when I try to connect I keep getting 'no internet access' even though my wifi works fine on my other devices! Solutions please? Thanks in advance :)

naggy31

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I will do that! but what I also wanted to know about a hard reset is that my apps are all installed on my sd card! so will I have to re-download them? unfortunately I don't have a speedy wifi connection! thank you though :)

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on the fence about this. I reverted back to 8.0 for cyan, whenever it hits Verizon, and just gonna wait and do the whole process. I'll have to go back and read the stuff that came with U1.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It might take a while then. Just to make sure after you do the reset wait a few minutes than check if your apps are in fact downloading. If not, simply reset the microSD. Meaning, take it out and then put it back in. Simple and it reminds the phone it has some apps. That shouldn't be a problem at all but I'm just covering all the possibilities so you're not surprised if something happens.

naggy31

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
thanks Zach im going to try it out and let you know the outcome!

XRS22 - Hey! dev preview for 8.1 was smooth as silk! then I downgraded through nokia software recovery tool to 8.0 when 8.1 was officially released and then updated! then I downloaded dev preview again for gdr1 and now i'm facing these issues! I know its a preview and a few bugs here and there I am willing to compromise but this time its got intense when it comes to connectivity and gaming performance!

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
XRS22 - Can you confirm my queries on the hard reset please? thank you!

I haven't needed to hard reset after going back to 8.0. I was missing some contacts and had old apps appear after I had deleted them. I did a backup and backup assistant before I did everything. I may do a hard reset over the weekend and hopefully smooth stuff out. I noticed the battery lasts longer on 8.0 than 8.1.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yes it does. The new interface drains the battery more. I believe it's because it's not fully optimized for the processors and it's taking more out of them to run smoothly. I think that once it's polished and optimized fully the battery life will return to normal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilyyVon