Get a Surface Pro or keep my Samsung Series 7 Slate?

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
You can't play the waiting game in tech forever. There will always be something newer. Once the Surface 2 is released, people will be talking about the Surface 3, then the 4. You've got to decide at some point. Every six months in the tech world, they will always be introducing the next newest and greatest thing.

I know this too well :) Working as a Sprint rep it drives the point home seeing new phones churning out all the time. Having previously been obsessed with cutting edge desktops, I'm familiar with the idea... I guess I just wanted validation that it would be worth waiting for the next Surface since my upgrade from the Samsung slate to the Surface Pro wouldn't be a big jump. Going to the next Surface would probably make more sense financially and hardware-wise since the difference would be greater.

I kicked myself when the Surface was announced.. but as you said, new things come out all the time. I just got a bit itchy this past month with the Pro arriving soon :p I made this thread to quell that itch a bit... it worked haha

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm keeping my Samsung slate; it runs everything just fine still. The resolution's rubbish, but even the Pro's 1080 isn't that great either compared to the iPad.

Jeffrey Seymore

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had a Samsung Series 7 slate for almost a year now, way before the Surface announcement. I've been debating getting the Pro for a little while now, but wanted the opinions of others. The Pro and my Slate are similar in many ways.. I even made an Excel sheet comparing select specs (including my upgrades to the Samsung... like installing Windows 8, etc.) - https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

I've been also thinking that if I get another tablet similar to what I have now... will I be kicking myself when the Surface 2 is announced? Should I just wait for the next Surface?

I appreciate your thoughts in advance!

Just took a look at your spreadsheet (Very cool btw, I do similar things on whiteboards lol) and I wanted to let you know, that the "Micro display port" is nothing more than a standard Micro HDMI Port. No special cable is needed unless you want to hook it up to VGA :)

iknowsingh

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just took a look at your spreadsheet (Very cool btw, I do similar things on whiteboards lol) and I wanted to let you know, that the "Micro display port" is nothing more than a standard Micro HDMI Port. No special cable is needed unless you want to hook it up to VGA :)

Thanks for the info! When I was making the spreadsheet, I pulled the Surface Pro's specs from surface.com... maybe they've updated it since :)

I'm a total geek for using the Office Web Apps and embedding them all over the web, showing off the feature... haha

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254