Good news for the Single Sim 950XL version on AT&T

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
my 950XL just arrived from CloveUK today. Took my nano-sim from my 1520, popped it in my 950XL and it came up right away for LTE. Even better visual VM worked perfectly also after I entered in my pin for VM. Didn't have to enter the IMEI number, nothing it just pulled right over and registered on AT&T LTE.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
my 950XL just arrived from CloveUK today. Took my nano-sim from my 1520, popped it in my 950XL and it came up right away for LTE. Even better visual VM worked perfectly also after I entered in my pin for VM. Didn't have to enter the IMEI number, nothing it just pulled right over and registered on AT&T LTE.
Same experience here with a 950 on T-Mobile. My phone arrived from Clove 2 days after shipment date to the US.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Curious
  1. did you get charged any import levies?
  2. any noticeable defects in packaging or notes saying they (cloveuk) tested the device?

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I got charged for was a foreign transaction fee (20.81) from my credit card company. Because of the device type, there was no duty due to custom's on it. So with shipping I spent a total of 714.65. Had I bought it from Microsoft, I'd have been charged state sales tax. So I think it was close to a wash. The only real downside of buying this version was the charger was for Europe and not the US, so without an adapter, I won't be able to use it. But it's cool since I have two qi-charging plates, and yes the original nokia 900 plate works perfectly with it. I will try my jbl speaker tonight when I go to bed.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, AT&T doesn't really like the dual sim version sold here in the states. There have been reports here in the forums about visual VM not working. And LTE was a hassle to set up.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Curious
  1. did you get charged any import levies?
  2. any noticeable defects in packaging or notes saying they (cloveuk) tested the device?
No added fees and no VAT. Package was factory sealed and packaged very well. Plus, they offer 24 months warranty. I paid less than what I would have paid for AT&T 950.

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Snakebitten, if you can live with the charger issue, I highly recommend it. RoyalPost was great, USPS not so much. Once my package hit new York, it went to Greensboro NC, then to Philadelphia before hitting it's final destination Lancaster. It shipped on the 11th, hit New York on the 14th, and then took 3 days to get here. I wish I had the option of shipping via FedEx or even UPS. You won't be able to get a green one, but with the replaceable back, you could find something acceptable. There is almost no bevel edge. Make no mistake the screen is smaller then the 1520, but not by much Since the bevel is removed, it's almost the same screen size, only a couple of centimeters off, and much smaller and lighter then the 1520. Very happy so far.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I just went to local Best Buy and bought an adapter so the UK wall plug works here. It also comes with a rather long USB cable so no issues charging.

hyperexpert

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm receiving my single sim 950XL tomorrow. Will be using it with T-Mobile. Glad that VMM will be working. Will wifi calling also work right out the box?

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm receiving my single sim 950XL tomorrow. Will be using it with T-Mobile. Glad that VMM will be working. Will wifi calling also work right out the box?

No WiFi calling on T-Mobile. However I do remember reading that at some point will be baked into the OS. Hopefully with a future update at some point.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
How much did that cost sleeve22?
For the 950 I paid right around $600 including shipping and all. Sadly I originally ordered an unlocked 950 from US MS Store with educators discount was about $500, just couldn't handle the limitations of a dual-sim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EightBitJoe