Got the red 2520. Check your MS stores

sanshiro

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
OK so I spent almost 1 hour with the red 2520 at the Microsoft store and switching back and forth between it and the Surface 2. I didn't buy it as I'm still undecided. I'm leaning towards not buying the 2520 for two main reasons:

1. As others have noted, it feels heavier than the Surface 2 even though it's technically lighter. This is because of the thinner edge and give of the plastic. Switched back and forth and the Surface definitely felt more comfortable to hold, no question. The 2520 might win in portrait usability because of the shorter width.

2. I think I will miss the kickstand too much.

For the 2520, what's keeping me undecided is:

1. The 2520 screen is too damn gorgeous. Makes the Surface 2 look like crap.

2. It's just sexy as well. Dat red!

I'm at a point of thinking about skipping this generation of RT devices and getting a Dell Venue 8 Pro for much less!

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
saw the verizon black model in person. the unit was out of battery, so I only held it and play with the buttons. The power jack wasnt plugged in, they had the mini usb plugged in, I guess the verizon employees didnt read the instructions.

the matt black is nice, very resistant to finger prints. the unit is light enough, easier to hold in one hand in portrait mode than the ipad air. when held at the edges, it is as thin as the ipad air. the corners are fine, its smoother than my Lumia 1020. It doesnt dig into your hand like cnet says, unless you use a death grip.

I can see the fit of the sim card cover is not as flush as the ones on the photos. i wonder if that's quality control issue or the fact that no card is inserted.

NFC label is just a sticker, easily removed. this is good.

Cant comment on the screen yet, since the power was off.

went to MS store in Manhattan, and they dont have it. That pretty much says it all, MS sucks at marketing. The employee doesnt even know it was released today, and that's in the big apple.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcbrownz